347.52:3DMark is Crashed
347.88:3DMark is Crashed

underclocked

GPU:-90MHz, MEM:-200MHz is Crashed
GPU:-90MHz, MEM:-500MHz is Crashed
GPU:-90MHz, MEM:-500MHz, Voltage:+0.025V is Crashed

GPU Clock is Over 90MHz but Underclock.

Have been removed Drivers.
Uninstaller and Uninstall utility using.

Re-install to OS I was also.
GPU Driver, DX Runtime, 3DMark Program Only.

Crashed.

PCI-E Connection and Power Connector Check OK.

3DMark Crashed Message from "DXGI call IDXGISwapChain::Present failed"

I'm not sure what else to try.

Send Maker?

----------
PC Information
CPU:FX-8350
MB:M5A97 PRO
MEM:CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9
PSU:CMPSU-650TXV2
----------

Re: GV-N960G1 GAMING-2G Driver Crashed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »
Hey I have the same problem. New Gigabyte Gtx 960 G1 Gaming 2gb and the driver crashes instantly. My old 650ti Boosts still run perfectly fine in SLI on my MoBo, and I tried the 960 in a friend´s system. It worked fine there. On the software side: I tried all available Versions of VGA-Bios (F2,F3,F5), all the drivers i could find (347.25 .52 .88 and .90) and even reinstalled Windows. My mainboard is a ASRock Z87 Extreme4, CPU: Xeon 1230v3, PSU: XFX PRO650W, 8Gb Ram and Win 7 64bit.

I don´t know what to do anymore, tried underclocking as well as disabling tdr via tdr-manipulator. Can anyone offer some help?

Jalle64

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »
Hey I have the same problem. New Gigabyte Gtx 960 G1 Gaming 2gb and the driver crashes instantly. My old 650ti Boosts still run perfectly fine in SLI on my MoBo, and I tried the 960 in a friend´s system. It worked fine there. On the software side: I tried all available Versions of VGA-Bios (F2,F3,F5), all the drivers i could find (347.25 .52 .88 and .90) and even reinstalled Windows. My mainboard is a ASRock Z87 Extreme4, CPU: Xeon 1230v3, PSU: XFX PRO650W, 8Gb Ram and Win 7 64bit.

I don´t know what to do anymore, tried underclocking as well as disabling tdr via tdr-manipulator. Can anyone offer some help?
Latest bios/UEFI on your motherboard?

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »
Yep i updated the uefi

Xaltar

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 10:07:37 am »
I have experienced similar problems in some games yet not in others. World of Warcraft for example plays for a while then the screen goes black for 5-10 seconds then comes back plays fine for a while and repeat. Checking "Event Viewer" under Administrative tools in control panel revealed a driver failed and recovered error. The Sims 3 also exhibited the same problem when my daughter was playing it. I was able to get both games running properly without the error but it took some fiddling about. For WoW I switched to DX9 mode and the problem stopped happening and for the sims I enabled Vsync and that seemed to fix the problem. I suspect after much messing about that these problems are caused by one or both of the following depending on the game:

1. Power profile in NV control panel, setting the game to use performance instead of adaptive seems to resolve the driver recovered error in some games

2. The Boost feature in older/less demanding titles, it seems that when the FPS goes over a certain threshold the drivers puke an error, enabling vsync for these titles helps in some cases but not all. Switching to the less optimized DX9 on WoW resolved the issue completely while other titles simply needed Vsync enabled (which did not work on WoW).

After updating to the latest nvidia drivers my problems got even worse, my workarounds stopped working and other games began to exhibit the same problems. After a quick google search I discovered Nvidia had released a hotfix driver, I installed it and it made no difference with the Heaven benchmark being unable to complete without a driver crash. I uninstalled the drivers completely in safe mode using a driver removal tool and Heaven benchmark is now running correctly without crashes. I am continuing to test now but I am hopeful a fresh install of the 350.05 Hotfix Driver has fixed my issues.

I hope this is helpful to some of you.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:14 pm »
I have experienced similar problems in some games yet not in others. World of Warcraft for example plays for a while then the screen goes black for 5-10 seconds then comes back plays fine for a while and repeat. Checking "Event Viewer" under Administrative tools in control panel revealed a driver failed and recovered error. The Sims 3 also exhibited the same problem when my daughter was playing it. I was able to get both games running properly without the error but it took some fiddling about. For WoW I switched to DX9 mode and the problem stopped happening and for the sims I enabled Vsync and that seemed to fix the problem. I suspect after much messing about that these problems are caused by one or both of the following depending on the game:

1. Power profile in NV control panel, setting the game to use performance instead of adaptive seems to resolve the driver recovered error in some games

2. The Boost feature in older/less demanding titles, it seems that when the FPS goes over a certain threshold the drivers puke an error, enabling vsync for these titles helps in some cases but not all. Switching to the less optimized DX9 on WoW resolved the issue completely while other titles simply needed Vsync enabled (which did not work on WoW).

After updating to the latest nvidia drivers my problems got even worse, my workarounds stopped working and other games began to exhibit the same problems. After a quick google search I discovered Nvidia had released a hotfix driver, I installed it and it made no difference with the Heaven benchmark being unable to complete without a driver crash. I uninstalled the drivers completely in safe mode using a driver removal tool and Heaven benchmark is now running correctly without crashes. I am continuing to test now but I am hopeful a fresh install of the 350.05 Hotfix Driver has fixed my issues.

I hope this is helpful to some of you.

Thank you very much Xaltar!

I have tried nearly everything possible but didn´t get any newer game to run properly.
I will try the new Driver today and hope this will work for me as well. If not I have  one last option - i´ll take the vga and my psu to a friend of mine. I tried the 960 in his System once where the crashes didn´t occur. I´ll try to see if the PSU might be the Problem and Keep you updated

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »
I uninstalled the old driver using Display Driver Uninstaller from Safe Mode and installed 350.05. It still crashes (I mostly use Witcher 2 and 3dmark demo Sky Diver). So I´ll take my PSU and VGA to a friend to try it there.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »
I uninstalled the old driver using Display Driver Uninstaller from Safe Mode and installed 350.05. It still crashes (I mostly use Witcher 2 and 3dmark demo Sky Diver). So I´ll take my PSU and VGA to a friend to try it there.

My PSU-VGA-Combo worked in my friends system. Tried the last thing now and swapped my RAM a little bit but it didn´t help :(

Rart

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 05:28:35 pm »
Hello
Im with that nvidia driver crash problem too , tried alot of updates , bios , drivers , changes ..... but the driver crashs 3 or 4 seconds (sometimes 10sec..) after launch a game or run a benchmark .
One wierd thing is that this problem just happens when i use the pciex16 slot , if i use the x8 slot it works OK .
As a test , If you guys use the pciex8 slot , insted of the x16 , the driver still crashs ?

Not sure what i should do more , i will wait more some days and then i think i go send the CPU , video card and the mother board back to the shop...  :o

My other topics just in case it helps too:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5052164
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2612156/pciex16-crash-problem-pciex8.html
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60375-PCIEx16-3D-crash-problem-PCIEx8-3D-all-Ok
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/826208/geforce-drivers/pciex16-3d-crash-problem-pciex8-3d-all-ok/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:50:06 pm by Rart »