Official GIGABYTE Forum

Noticeable delay with repaired R9290 GPU GV-R929OC-4GD

90Ninety

Noticeable delay with repaired R9290 GPU GV-R929OC-4GD
« on: April 03, 2015, 11:15:11 pm »
Hey guys

I have had a R9 290 OC ( gigabyte ) for a while .  it has had a repair under guarantee/ RMA  , it had a VRAM chip replaced according to the Gigabyte support  RMA team . The original card BSOD a lot

Since the repair there has been an extra 45 seconds on the login time and a black screen lag on boot . The log in screen loads up fine, however once I enter the system credentials , there is noticeable lag/ delay  . The timer just spins for around 40  seconds ( 40 more than it should be on ssd ) , then there is a black screen with a movable cursor for around a further 30 seconds - then Windows appears and works perfectly afterwards   :o

This is a Mid -high end machine , running a Samsung EVO SSD with Windows 8.1 64 . If I replace the video card with a spare (HD7790) there is no lag or wait , it is almost instant , as it should be

I have ran driver cleaner/sweeper and re-installed the latest drivers and tried the Beta drivers a second time, this did not solve the boot time issue .

I then reset the motherboard bios , which again made no difference

Is the card still faulty ?

I have since tried re-flashing the GPU bios but again made no difference

I also want to add that I have been gaming  and the card has been given solid performance . 

I guess my next step would be to try the card in a different rig ?
Ryzen 2700 ( up to 4.2Ghz)
X370 Aorus Gaming 7
Flare X 3200
RM 850X Corsair
Custom Watercooling