Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-z97X-Gaming7 - no video signal, no mouse or keyboard response

Hello,

Basically I installed Windows 8.1 Pro from a USB that was made with MediaCreationTool.exe The computer worked and everything was fine. After I installed windows to the SSD, the computer keeps restarting infinitely without showing anything on the screen. My cpu is 4690k. I tried unpluging the SSD sata, HDD sata, and even odd sata with no changes. Also I tried removing one ram stick, but still nothing. I am wondering what could be the problem as everything was working fine until the installation said that my pc would restart multiple times. Here is the pc part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZNHxjX

Here is how I managed to stop the restarting: I switched the SB on the motherboard from Dual BIOS to Single BIOS and the computer no longer restarts, however there is no video nor are the mouse and keyboard working via USB. All the fans seems to be working fine and the lights on the 280x GPU are also on. I tried clearing CMOS but still nothing. My motherboard revision is 1.0

This was my first time installing windows and building a new pc.

Thank You!

Re: GA-z97X-Gaming7 - no video signal, no mouse or keyboard response
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 11:21:39 pm »
Nm, solved my own issue. Looks like the CPU1 slot in the power supply was kinda lose, so I pushed it in a little and viola, everything works. Funny how such a little problem took so much time to solve! Anyway, all is working now... :)