Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99 Ud5 wifi: internal power button flash when power supply switch on.

Built my friends computer about two months ago using the ud5 wifi x99 board and it's been working fine up until now.

It is currently configured with:
Intel i7 5820
32gb G. Skillz ram kit (over 8 dimms)
Quadro k4200
Samsung 850 evo boot drive
Corsair 650w rm series

Last night the machine was working perfectly fine however this morning after a clean shutdown last night, it refuses to start. The internal power button which normally lights up solid when the power supply is on,  no longer glows when power is applied. Instead when the psu power switch is flipped the internal mb power button flashes once and the computer is unusable.

I think this is a power supply issue possibly however I was wondering if anyone has came across a similar issue with their actual motherboard.

That sounds like EXACTLY what happen to me...

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=15896.0

It did it ONE time and now is fine. I think it was a static shock that may have caused it.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1 BIOS F7, Intel i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666 8x8, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb/1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Awesome, thanks mate. So you just took it apart completely and it seemed to work?  Did you remove the cpu and ram or just take the mb out of its case?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Too me it sound like a PSU. You never know when one will quick working.

@digital nomad

I'll have to look for that post that you said I post about somebody computer would not boot. It might be to night or tomorrow. I have a Civil War living History weekend.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

All fixed now. Took the power supply in for testing and it was working fine.

Turns out it was a bios issue. Same as @digital nomad I took the battery out and it started responding to power enough that I could flash the bios.

Life's good :)

Awesome, thanks mate. So you just took it apart completely and it seemed to work?  Did you remove the cpu and ram or just take the mb out of its case?

I had the motherboard sitting in the box and was about to remove the heat sink, cpu and ram to ship it out and decided to try it one more time. Glad I didn't send it back because since I posted, I have had ZERO problems.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1 BIOS F7, Intel i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666 8x8, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb/1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Too me it sound like a PSU. You never know when one will quick working.

@digital nomad

I'll have to look for that post that you said I post about somebody computer would not boot. It might be to night or tomorrow. I have a Civil War living History weekend.

Thanks dmdilks,

You post all over and I didn't know where to look :)

All fixed now. Took the power supply in for testing and it was working fine.

Turns out it was a bios issue. Same as @digital nomad I took the battery out and it started responding to power enough that I could flash the bios.

Life's good :)

Aliharv15,

What BIOS version did the board have before you flashed it? Also, when you shut off the computer, do you leave the power supply switch on, or do you switch it off?

I usually shut off the power supply too and was wondering if that may have been a common denominator with our issue.