Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99 UD3 - Wont Post, reboots loops - No beeps

brianc

X99 UD3 - Wont Post, reboots loops - No beeps
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:07:25 am »
Built machine from boxes a couple of weeks agoIt worked fine for a couple of weeks. as of tonight it doesnt boot to bios, then reboots and gets into a loop doing that.

Steps i have taken

Uunplugged all usb - still boot loops
Removed ram and all usb - still boot loops
Removed hdd + ram still boot loops
Removed hdd + ram + Video card
Removed all peripherals (front usb, audio, and fans) still boot loops

Flashed bios via qflash rebooted, pluged in ram and hdd stll boot loops

Brian

------------------------------------------------
Corsair RM-850 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
Corsair Hydro Series H110 280mm CPU Cooler
Intel Core i7 5820K
Kingston HyperX Predator HX430C15PB2K4/16 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4
Gigabyte X99-UD3 Motherboard
Gigabyte r290 oc

Storage
1x Samsung 128 SSD
2x Micron 128 SSD
2x WD 4TB platter drives
1x Sony DVD burner

Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case

MDWR

Re: X99 UD3 - Wont Post, reboots loops - No beeps
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 02:47:06 am »
I have a similar problem.  Gutted my computer and rebuilt with GA-X99-UD4, Intel Core i7 5930, SKIL memory, 4 each Samsung SSD 850 Pros, Plextor CD/DVD Drive, ASUS MINI Graphics Card.  I try to boot, it starts for a few seconds, then turns off, it repeats the start and stop in a loop.

During this loop, I don't even get the first Gogabyte screen on the monitor.

I thought that the instructions were to startup and make sure BIOS settings were OK, especially settings from the harddrives.  I have not attempted to load Windows or anything else.

Help, start/shutdown is in a loop.

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:49:38 am »
Built machine from boxes a couple of weeks agoIt worked fine for a couple of weeks. as of tonight it doesnt boot to bios, then reboots and gets into a loop doing that.

Steps i have taken

Uunplugged all usb - still boot loops
Removed ram and all usb - still boot loops
Removed hdd + ram still boot loops
Removed hdd + ram + Video card
Removed all peripherals (front usb, audio, and fans) still boot loops

Flashed bios via qflash rebooted, pluged in ram and hdd stll boot loops

Brian

------------------------------------------------
Corsair RM-850 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
Corsair Hydro Series H110 280mm CPU Cooler
Intel Core i7 5820K
Kingston HyperX Predator HX430C15PB2K4/16 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4
Gigabyte X99-UD3 Motherboard
Gigabyte r290 oc

Storage
1x Samsung 128 SSD
2x Micron 128 SSD
2x WD 4TB platter drives
1x Sony DVD burner

Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case

Have a look at my recent post.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=16246.0

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 04:10:58 pm »
Did you try flashing the Bios with the RAM not on the board at all. because I found that qflash doesn't work with the ram installed when trying to do this.

Hey I have the fix for you

So the issue you are having is most likely a factory installed defective Bios and to fix this is relatively simple.

all you need to do is first start by Removing all the ram off your motherboard. With another computer download the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard from gigabyte's website (you may have to unzip the file first), then rename that bios file GIGABYTE.BIN. Format a flash drive to fat32 (if it isn't already) and throw ONLY that file onto the flash drive. With the ram still off the motherboard and the computer off, stick in the flash drive with the Bios file on it into the White USB port, and turn the computer on. On the back of the motherboard you will see your flash drive (if it has a light) and an orange LED on the motherboard start flashing. Once you see the flashing stop and it becomes a solid, turn the computer back off (you may have to hold the power button for 10 seconds) remove the flash drive, and install only 1 stick of ram (for now) and then turn the computer back on from this point your computer should actually give you a display and should finally be working.

I work at a Microcenter, and had a customer come in with the same issue and spent an hour and a half trying to figure this out.

The Bios refused to actually install without having the RAM removed from the system. So that is key

Recap
1. Turn off the computer and remove all RAM DIMMS from the motherboard
2. Using another computer download the latest Bios from gigabyte's website for your motherboard
3. Rename the Bios file GIGABYTE.BIN and put it on a clean flash drive with no other files on it.
4. Put flash drive into the White USB port on the back of the motherboard, and turn the computer on
5. Wait for the flashing lights to stop (USB and Motherboard LED)
6. Turn off the system (May have to hold power button for 10 seconds)
7. Install only ONE RAM DIMM for now and turn the computer back on.
8. Enjoy your functional computer.

I really hope this helps you

Sincerely,
Some random Microcenter Employee

toz

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 04:44:27 pm »
Did you try flashing the Bios with the RAM not on the board at all. because I found that qflash doesn't work with the ram installed when trying to do this.

Hey I have the fix for you

So the issue you are having is most likely a factory installed defective Bios and to fix this is relatively simple.

all you need to do is first start by Removing all the ram off your motherboard. With another computer download the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard from gigabyte's website (you may have to unzip the file first), then rename that bios file GIGABYTE.BIN. Format a flash drive to fat32 (if it isn't already) and throw ONLY that file onto the flash drive. With the ram still off the motherboard and the computer off, stick in the flash drive with the Bios file on it into the White USB port, and turn the computer on. On the back of the motherboard you will see your flash drive (if it has a light) and an orange LED on the motherboard start flashing. Once you see the flashing stop and it becomes a solid, turn the computer back off (you may have to hold the power button for 10 seconds) remove the flash drive, and install only 1 stick of ram (for now) and then turn the computer back on from this point your computer should actually give you a display and should finally be working.

I work at a Microcenter, and had a customer come in with the same issue and spent an hour and a half trying to figure this out.

The Bios refused to actually install without having the RAM removed from the system. So that is key

Recap
1. Turn off the computer and remove all RAM DIMMS from the motherboard
2. Using another computer download the latest Bios from gigabyte's website for your motherboard
3. Rename the Bios file GIGABYTE.BIN and put it on a clean flash drive with no other files on it.
4. Put flash drive into the White USB port on the back of the motherboard, and turn the computer on
5. Wait for the flashing lights to stop (USB and Motherboard LED)
6. Turn off the system (May have to hold power button for 10 seconds)
7. Install only ONE RAM DIMM for now and turn the computer back on.
8. Enjoy your functional computer.

I really hope this helps you

Sincerely,
Some random Microcenter Employee

Thank you so much ! You saved my day and maybe more :)

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 03:13:45 am »
I am having the same problem

my machine will only stay powered on for 1 minute then shut off and repeat.

what Ive done
-tested the power supply
-reseated the CPU and cooler
-cleared the cmos
-exchanged the motherboard

heres where I am currently at
with no memory and other device connected / disconnected the machine will power on for a second then power off
If I disconnect the video card, the computer will give a constant beep till it shuts off and repeats.

I saw a post regarding updating the bios, but heres my delima, I cant update the bios because it does not stay on long enough on its own and there is only one other bios version thats a beta and I dont want to risk it. With the mother board swapped, its possible that the issue is with the CPU. I am seriously about to take the processor and board back and exchange for a different manufacture.

Build
Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming 5P EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard bios revision 1.0
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Radeon HD 6590 card
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Samsung EVO 850 250 SDD
Corsair 760T Black V2 ATX Full Tower Case

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 03:37:21 pm »
I am having the same problem

my machine will only stay powered on for 1 minute then shut off and repeat.

-exchanged the motherboard

If you exchange the board and it is doing the same thing more likely it isn't the board. Yes there is chance two different boards doing the same thing is rare. Have you tried it out side the case on the box it came with.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

The memory might be the problem too. Try one stick of memory.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

mirkoj

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:45:08 pm »
and I have same crap issue as well.

5930k, corsair h115i, kingston fury ddr4 kit of 32GB, asus strix  970, samsung 850 evo 256gb ssd

it is looping in restart non stop.
cleared CMOS, udpated bios following instructions here, removed all but cpu from MBO.. always the same cram, and not even a beep or any other sign as well.

To be even worse I had previous mbo same model failed, it fried my USB drive and stoped turning on at all, sent this onw for RMA, waited over 2 months.. and now this crap

This is LAST time to buy ANYTHING from gigabyte, ANYTHING.
I'm getting new MBO, NOT gigabyte one and sending this crap to store get get my money back. I don't have time for this crap

Joe88

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 07:36:45 am »
Flash the newest beta bios F22k (one with the new bios screen). It got rid of the bootlooping issue for me.
It would bootloop about 20-30 times with no error beeps or messages before finally posting and booting the OS.