Official GIGABYTE Forum

Activate internal graphics GA-Z87-HD3

Activate internal graphics GA-Z87-HD3
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:28:37 am »
Hi! I just bricked my graphics card so i'm trying to use the internal graphics via the hdmi port (I've removed my graphics card). I'm not getting any ouput and my computer doesn't seem to boot at all, so I can't access the bios settings. I tried clearing CMOS but it didn't help.

I'm using an i5 4670k.

Any advice?? Thanks!

Re: Activate internal graphics GA-Z87-HD3
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:46:40 am »
Hi! I just bricked my graphics card so i'm trying to use the internal graphics via the hdmi port (I've removed my graphics card). I'm not getting any ouput and my computer doesn't seem to boot at all, so I can't access the bios settings. I tried clearing CMOS but it didn't help.

I'm using an i5 4670k.

Any advice?? Thanks!

What did you do to brick you GPU? If it was solely the GPU, your mobo should not have been affected by, what ever you did to brick it. I'd say there's more to this then your telling. 

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »
Yeah the mobo should not be affected, I tried getting video output from the internal graphics while building my system too and it didn't work then either, so my GPU should have nothing to do with it. I just added that for context.

My problem seems to be that I have to access my bios settings to activate internal graphics, but that seems to be too stupid to be true.

FYI, I bricked my card by flashing new firmware to it. Should be completely fixable, but again I can't do anything without video output.

Could it be a problem with using HDMI, instead of DVI or VGA?

I'm going to borrow a GPU from a friend tonight and see if I can get it to work via BIOS settings.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 02:17:53 pm »
Update: Apparently my HDMI cable was busted...

Everything works now and my GPU lives again.