Official GIGABYTE Forum

My New P37X is Disappointing

My New P37X is Disappointing
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:38:24 am »
Few days ago, I got my brand new P37X and was so excited to try out World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm on that so-called beast. To my disappointment, the performance was below par.

World of Warcraft runs on Ultra, optimized by Nvidia GeForce Experience, good fps, but below my expectations. For example, at the garrison or at Ashran, I get an average of 50 fps. With the GTX 980M, I was expecting over 60 fps to be honest.

The same goes for Heroes of the Storm, optimized by Nvidia GeForce Experience, all settings are put to the maximum possible obviously due to the superior GPU, yet, the game stutters like crazy at times and the fps starts at 100 fps, but then go down all the way to an average of 40-50 fps.

Is my expectation too high or wrong? Is this the capabilities of such laptop? Let me know your opinion please because, frankly, I have already contacted Amazon asking them if I can return it due to dissatisfaction.  So before I do, hearing from you might make me take a more confident decision.

Cheers,
Fawaz.