Official GIGABYTE Forum

P27G v2 SSD replacement

P27G v2 SSD replacement
« on: August 13, 2015, 02:55:02 pm »
Last year I purchased a P27G v2, with a 128 GB LiteOn mSATA SSD on board. This was however a big mistake, as the 128 GB only has room to accomodate the win 8.1 and MS Office. All other software and documents, I had to move to the D drive.
I now purchased a new 500 GB mSATA drive, but ... I would like to hear from someone who has gone through the operation, of how to physically replace the drive in this laptop. This is a job which only takes a few minutes, and is not worth the trouble and time to send it to a service center. Could someone please give me information. I have attached a few pics of the present installation.

I appreciate all the help that I can get. Thank you very much and I look forward to your response.

Geoff

Re: P27G v2 SSD replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:19:10 pm »
Hi

I have the  exact same issue with a newly purchased P35w v2.  I assume the machine supports 500 GB.  I am looking a the Crucial M200 range unless somebody tells me any different.

Having done this before, it is just a case of powering off and replacing.  That's the easy part.  Depending if you want to be up and running quickly, you will  need to clone your existing O/S disk and restore on your newly installed SSD. Backup products like Macrium Reflect Pro  ( I have the older V5 ) do this. Alternatively, if have  you have the time and patience you can do complete reinstall on the new SSD: drivers and windows 8.1 o/s and Office.  Not for me!

Daniel