Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99 Gaming 5P onboard sound! Help!

Gump12

X99 Gaming 5P onboard sound! Help!
« on: September 03, 2015, 06:04:32 pm »
Hi there,

Just setting up my new rig and have plugged in my headset.

The back of my motherboard has only gold imputs, I am using a tiamat 7.1 surround sound headset and with my 5 year old pc It worked great in that motherboard.

I am getting virtually no bass, I am messing around with the settings but it just sounds really bad.

I also have an aux out plugged in, yet no sound comes from it

Any advice?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:28:08 pm by Gump12 »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: X99 Gaming 5P onboard sound! Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 07:25:31 pm »
What OS are you running?

ps: any issues with the M.2 SSD?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:26:56 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Gump12

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »
Sata, went right in, used a usb and it didn't behave any different than if it were a CD. All recognised right off the bat with no changes to bios!

With regards to sound.

My old mobo was a 5.1 also, but had a socket for all of the Tiamat 7.1 leads. This however has a separate profile in the sound section at the bottom right hand corner for my "grey" lead.

I'm used windows 8.1 (didn't really listen to sound) went up to 10. Noticed issues.

Went back to 8.1 same issues no change

So I went back to 10 and am installing all drivers as we speak :)

Gump12

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 08:09:20 pm »
Sorry for double post but i typed it out before it realsie it wasnt modify****

Would it be better if I got a sound card? Never really tried one. But I would like good sound quality for the tiamat 7.1

If so, I'm looking for around £50 7.1 and win10 compatable, would you have any suggestions?

I would rather have the onboard work though if possible.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 03:04:50 pm »
Not sure how best to advise you on this aspect of your PC as audio is a very personal thing.

There are issues being reported with the way that Windows 10 handles audio, which is different from the way it was being done in Windows 8/8.1. Adding an external sound card may not resolve the problem and is something I probably wouldn't be looking at until I had explored all avenues with the on-board sound. I use an external soundcard and Cubase for recording but Steinberg (the software manufacturer of Cubase) have advised not to upgrade to Windows 10 because of audio & midi latency and timing issues.

In the notification area of the Taskbar in Windows 10, right-click the sound icon and then click on playback devices. Click on the icon for your speakers and then click the configure button. Manually setup your headphones and test them from here and see if they work OK at that stage. If they do work OK then the problem is probably not hardware related but one of software.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Gump12

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 03:31:33 pm »
So baffled :( Yeah I went back to 8.1 again and no avail :(

When i switch the sound to 2.0 it doesnt make any sound at all
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:32:17 pm by Gump12 »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 04:34:25 pm »
So are you running Windows 8.1 now?