Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99-Gaming 7 WIFI Out of Stock or already EOL ?

X99-Gaming 7 WIFI Out of Stock or already EOL ?
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:57:08 am »
Hi,

Since I bought the X99 Gaming 7 motherboard, I've add problems with random reboots and the various BIOS updates didn't change anything. This only happened when activating XMP. Gigabyte even kindly tried to send me a new beta BIOS, but it didn't work. So now after many month of e-mail exchanges with them and a RMA of my DDR4 RAM (that didn't change the problem), it came down to sending back the MB/CPU. This is not the main topic of this thread, only the context :)

I went to the retailer and they apparently only sent back the MB, so I guess they tested the CPU and it was ok. Now I'm waiting for 3 weeks and I realized while browsing that the MB doesn't exist anywhere anymore. I mean REALLY ! On my swiss price comparator, the board is Out Of Stock everywhere with a super long wait time to get one, same for a popular french retailer. A quick search on amazon only returned the Gaming 5 and Gaming G1, same for newegg.

I'm starting to ask myself if this board might have been so troublesome to Gigabyte that they simply EOLed it, while still shipping them one by one if someone really wants one. I know that the price tag of the Gaming 7 compared to the Gaming 5 and G1 didn't help, but still, it's like this board is a total failure, but I might be wrong. I'm not saying that all cards had problems, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the case (or nearly it). My guess is that the price of the Gaming 5 appealed more to the mass while the board itself having globally less problems.

I asked Gigabyte for the status of my MB, they said it's not in their system. So the board must be at the supplier of my retailer, waiting for a new board to replace mine. Now I'm wondering with that global shortage how much time I'll have to wait on my RMAed board... It's scary :(

Re: X99-Gaming 7 WIFI Out of Stock or already EOL ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 03:31:27 am »
If someone ends up here with the same motherboard and problems, my retailer gave me back my money after more than 5 weeks of waiting, I guess this MB is really gone...

I bought the Sabertooth from ASUS and it's working like a charm, and the BIOS is very nice too.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: X99-Gaming 7 WIFI Out of Stock or already EOL ?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:01:49 pm »
It is nice you told us about your problem. But what is the memory you are trying to run? So what you are saying is everything runs fine as long as you don't use XMP right? The CPU will only support 2133 without OC.

If you are running 2133 and having a problem then yes there is something wrong. But if you are running something faster you might not be able to use XMP.   
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.