Official GIGABYTE Forum

USB disconnecting/connecting from Windows PC

USB disconnecting/connecting from Windows PC
« on: September 15, 2015, 03:56:30 pm »
Ok guys I've been experiencing this problem:

When I connect my Android tablet/Android smartphone/ Windows phone 8.1 phone via USB cable:

1) Android tablet and Windows phone 8.1 smartphone keeps connecting and reconnecting with these sound like I'm manually plugging and unplugging USB cable from USB port
2) Android smartphone wont even ask to choose connecting type(charging/disk drive etc... ) like it normally does. Basically it goes straight to charging mode

(Once I was able to transfer something to Android tablet but with next insert in USB port it acts the same connect-> reconnect)
Smartphones never came to stage where they installs it's drivers. I'm unable to transfer anything to them.

What I've tried:

1) Try different USB ports( front and back)
2) USB mouse and keyboard works normally in all USB ports
3) USB flash memory drives works normally
4) Tried different microUSB cable
5) Tried on another older custom built 2008 PC with windows 8.1 and everything works, another Dell Inspirion laptop from 2015 with Win7 everything works
6) Tried
Control panel -> Power options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> USB settings -> USB selective suspend setting and than Disable
7) To disable manually in Device Manager under Human Interface Devices and Universal Serial Bus controller in Power Management tab "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
8)To disable Firewall and Antivirus
9) Switched in BIOS all modes of xHCI (Smart auto, Auto, Enable and Disable)
10) The same happened in Win 8.1 and in Windows 10
11) Everything updated

PC SPEC are:

CPU: i5-4570
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3
RAM: 2x4GB KHX1600C9D3X2K2 + 2x8GB HyperX Furry RED
VGA: Asus ENGTS450 DirectCU/DI/1GD5
HDD: WD1002FAEX
Case: Fractal Design R4
PSU: CM B500
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:32:48 pm by Johnatan8 »