Official GIGABYTE Forum

UNREASONABLE CHARGES FROM GIGABTYE UK AUTHORIZED SERVICE PARTNER

UNREASONABLE CHARGES FROM GIGABTYE UK AUTHORIZED SERVICE PARTNER
« on: September 25, 2015, 02:18:13 pm »
As the connection of the plug was not well (It sometimes can but sometimes cannot be detected), I have contacted and sent my laptop to GIGABYTE Authorized Service Partner in the UK last month (Under warranty).

They received it next day and told me that they have ordered a motherboard from gigabyte and there would be 7-10 days working days. After 2 weeks, I email and asked again and find that the parts have not yet arrived. Then, I could only wait... until yesterday, which is MORE THAN A MONTH LATER! They told me that has arrived and replacement has been done.

BUT they FOUND OUT that the battery cannot be charged and the bottom cover need to be change. They told me that these are not under warranty and battery cost ‎£83 and cover cost ‎£39. I knew that the cover was slightly damaged at the corner before sending out for replacement and it did not affect its function. So I told that I do not need the cover to be changed.

Today, they give me another quote for the battery only, it become ‎£99 (while they told me it's ‎£83 yesterday!)

And there is another question! Before sending over, the battery worked perfectly fine. And now, after MORE THAN A MONTH, WITHOUT TOUCHING OR EVEN SEEING my laptop. They suddenly told me that the battery could not be charged. And turned out it is my responsibility and ask me to pay for it!!!??? I was still able to charge the battery (for a while only as the connectivity is not good) when I was doing backup that morning before sending over for replacement!

I feel that I am being scammed and this is really unreasonable and unfair! So I really need help and advice.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:16:50 pm by rorineko »

Energy

Re: UNREASONABLE CHARGES FROM GIGABTYE UK AUTHORIZED SERVICE PARTNER
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 02:33:11 pm »
Simple answere if you don't want to buy a new battery don't buy one. Sounds like any consumer goods repair service they will always find faults that need replacing at your cost.

Re: UNREASONABLE CHARGES FROM GIGABTYE UK AUTHORIZED SERVICE PARTNER
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:34:39 pm »
I have thought about that as well. But how can I tell if they have not replaced me a faulty battery?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:17:01 pm by rorineko »