Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Z97P-D3 alot of problems

Gigabyte Z97P-D3 alot of problems
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:50:44 pm »
Hi!

I'm having some problems with my Gigabyte Z97P-D3 motherboard.
Btw, I hope I posted this in the right section, as I'm new here.

Now to the problems:

1. Slow start up.

I'm having a SSD. First time I didn't feel any diffrence, but then I got to bios and
enabled start up fast (or what ever it was named). And it got really good started up on
like a half minute. But now it starts up like 1 min.. Really much slower and the bios screen (shows wich key to go in bios etc) ar showing for very long. Before when it was fast, it just showed in some secounds like 5 sek. (Haven't changed anything in bios after that).

2. I have also discovred that the computer starts up middle of the night.

3. I don't always have Intenet when I start the computer up.
I have to go to: Control panel > Network and Intenet > Network connections

And I have to click disable and then enable, unitul it will work. Sometimes it will take really wrong.

4. Can't enter bios, when I press the bios key, nothing happens.

Otherwise I'm happy with this motherboard (or if it's even it's fault).

Everything have worked before, with out problems, expect, slow start up.
It was the first problem. I haven't change anything in the bios when all problems came,
just the "fast boot".

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-4790

MSI R9 390 gaming 8G

Corsair Vengeance LP 4GB 1600 mhz  (2 packs of them = 16 GB ram)

Corsair CX750

Bios date: 10/21/2014 (I guess it's the time in bios or last when I updated?)
Anyway, I haven't tierd with updating the bios yet.

Thanks alot!

Edit: Almost forgot to say, all parts are just some months old..

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:56:13 pm by Davve95 »

Re: Gigabyte Z97P-D3 alot of problems
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:57:10 pm »
Anyone know? I have fixed the 2:nd problem I think, by changing the Internet settings.
Now it's all other problems left.

I came in bios at once, I changed to ultra fast start up. Now it's like before, but the question is why did it got slower before suddenly?...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:58:10 pm by Davve95 »

Tiger

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 07:37:24 pm »
Corsair Vengeance LP 4GB 1600 mhz  (2 packs of them = 16 GB ram)

By mixing memory kits together, there may be compatibility issues such as unable to boot or unable to operate at rated specifications. Such combinations also have no guarantee to work.

Corsair Memory FAQs:
Which Corsair Memory modules will work with my existing modules?

We strongly recommend matching the module part number as closely as possible in order to ensure the greatest chance of compatibility. Even if you match part numbers properly, we can't make guarantees as to their performance as the modules weren't tested together.  Also be aware that when using two kits of memory together, you may need to reduce the speed of the memory due to motherboard chipset limitations.

1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »
Thanks for your reply! But they aren't mixed. They are the exact same brand.
Just that I bought 2 so I'd get 16 gb.

So every single ram in this PC are exactily the same.

Edit: The problem at dot 2 seems to have been fixed now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:27:04 pm by Davve95 »

Tiger

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 06:08:32 pm »
That is a common problem when combining multiple kits of memory. I already listed Corsair's FAQ regarding that.

Here is what another memory manufacturers FAQ's say about using "two packs".

G.Skill FAQ
Q:
 I want to install more memory, in addition to my existing memory kit. What are my options?

A:
 We do not recommend mixing memory kits, regardless of brand or model.

By mixing memory kits together, there may be compatibility issues such as unable to boot or unable to operate at rated specifications.

Each of our memory kit are thoroughly tested to ensure compatibility within each memory kit. And because we have not tested our memory kit with your existing memory kit, we cannot guarantee compatibility when multiple kits are used.

http://www.gskill.com/en/faq/Memory
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:10:31 pm by Tiger »
1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 04:38:58 pm »
That is a common problem when combining multiple kits of memory. I already listed Corsair's FAQ regarding that.

Here is what another memory manufacturers FAQ's say about using "two packs".

G.Skill FAQ
Q:
 I want to install more memory, in addition to my existing memory kit. What are my options?

A:
 We do not recommend mixing memory kits, regardless of brand or model.

By mixing memory kits together, there may be compatibility issues such as unable to boot or unable to operate at rated specifications.

Each of our memory kit are thoroughly tested to ensure compatibility within each memory kit. And because we have not tested our memory kit with your existing memory kit, we cannot guarantee compatibility when multiple kits are used.

http://www.gskill.com/en/faq/Memory

Thanks! I didn't noticed it when you showed the first time sorry.

I'll try with one pack just then...
Are it like this with every ram brands?

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 03:42:44 pm »
Sorry for bump, but it didn't solve the Internet problem.

The problem showed up now again.
Just having one ram pack inside.

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 02:24:31 pm »
Greetings,
The more information you provide, the easier it will be for us to help.

Can you provide a more detailed description of your system specs
Board rev
BIOS version
How many disks or CD/DVD drives you have connected and to what ports
What controller operate mode are you using?
What OS

We can probably advise better once we have this information.

Fast Boot and Ultra Fast Boot options are not for everyone.  This is brief description of how they work.  During POST many things happen, the system performs a self diagnostics on itself.  In normal mode it performs a more comprehensive test of things.  Enabling one of these options can change things like:

The type and number of test being performed
Omitting certain checks completely
Decreasing or omitting the amount of time the system spends detecting connected devices on various interfaces

The BIOS does not come configured to power the system on without  pressing the power button.  You have to change settings like:

(example)
Power on by event
WoL or Power on by PCIe device
Power on by mouse or keyboard

What's available on your board may be slightly different

If using an SSD as a boot drive, your system should start pretty quickly without the need to enable Fast or Ultra Fast Boot. I'm not trying to discourage you from using one of them, but you don't appear to have stability at this point.

I think it might be wise to load set up defaults, then make one change at a time testing each before moving forward.  Thats up to you. 

Memory...  don't mix it.  Dave95 has covered that.  8)

The problem with your NIC not getting an IP is probably driver related.  I have an older HP laptop that does the same thing when it resumes from sleep. Has done it with W8 and 10.  We might be able to make some recommendations after we know more about your environment.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:26:45 pm by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »
Greetings,
The more information you provide, the easier it will be for us to help.

Can you provide a more detailed description of your system specs
Board rev
BIOS version
How many disks or CD/DVD drives you have connected and to what ports
What controller operate mode are you using?
What OS

We can probably advise better once we have this information.

Fast Boot and Ultra Fast Boot options are not for everyone.  This is brief description of how they work.  During POST many things happen, the system performs a self diagnostics on itself.  In normal mode it performs a more comprehensive test of things.  Enabling one of these options can change things like:

The type and number of test being performed
Omitting certain checks completely
Decreasing or omitting the amount of time the system spends detecting connected devices on various interfaces

The BIOS does not come configured to power the system on without  pressing the power button.  You have to change settings like:

(example)
Power on by event
WoL or Power on by PCIe device
Power on by mouse or keyboard

What's available on your board may be slightly different

If using an SSD as a boot drive, your system should start pretty quickly without the need to enable Fast or Ultra Fast Boot. I'm not trying to discourage you from using one of them, but you don't appear to have stability at this point.

I think it might be wise to load set up defaults, then make one change at a time testing each before moving forward.  Thats up to you. 

Memory...  don't mix it.  Dave95 has covered that.  8)

The problem with your NIC not getting an IP is probably driver related.  I have an older HP laptop that does the same thing when it resumes from sleep. Has done it with W8 and 10.  We might be able to make some recommendations after we know more about your environment.

Thanks for your reply! And sorry for a bump.
But I actully forgot about the topic, I'm sorry as said.

Anyway here's some more info:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 build 7601

BIOS-version and -date American Megatrends Inc. F6, 2014-10-21

SMBIOS-version   2.7

Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Are there any program that I can see more details?.

I'm just having one DVD drive. Don't know what port currently.

I'd rather use a program that tells more info before opening up.
So recommandations are welcomed.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 04:58:40 pm by Davve95 »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 07:37:59 pm »
On the memory I get tired of hearing about the memory crap. You can't mix memory kits. Let see here the last six computer I build and sold all have mix memory. But have the same speed, timings, and brand. Every one of them are running fine.

When you first build the computer how did you install windows? If you install it by just putting the disk in the DVD and installing. Now if you reinstall windows using UEFI DVD you will see a big improvement.

Yes UEFI was made for windows 8 but windows 7 likes just as much. Every time you connect something to the computer the bios has to check everything on boot up.

The other thing I would do too. Is clear the cmos and pull the battery for ten mins. That way you are starting over. I think you have tried to change to much. Get back to Sq one and see what happens. Plus put all your memory back in.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.