Official GIGABYTE Forum

Buying GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 from newegg india

Buying GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 from newegg india
« on: November 01, 2015, 07:21:07 am »
Hey folks,

I am going to build a new skylake PC with core i5 6600k(available in India) and I have decided to go with GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 mobo( not available in India though z170-UD3 is). I am planning to buy only the mobo from http://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128838 which is not exactly cheaper in any sense but due to its feature listing and non availability in India I have to go this route.

But ofcourse, if something goes wrong with my mobo where should I be looking for help? DOA is I guess covered by newegg  international return policy but what about 3 years warranty from Gigabyte?

Re: Buying GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 from newegg india
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:37:32 pm »
Don't do it. You won't get support or warranty for a product from the states. And these newer z170 boards are more finicky than other chipsets and some how gigabyte's support has became sluggish n poor for these.
Better get a board available in India from a reputed retailer that can help you.

Re: Buying GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 from newegg india
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 05:34:08 am »
Hey folks,

I am going to build a new skylake PC with core i5 6600k(available in India) and I have decided to go with GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 mobo( not available in India though z170-UD3 is). I am planning to buy only the mobo from http://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128838 which is not exactly cheaper in any sense but due to its feature listing and non availability in India I have to go this route.

But ofcourse, if something goes wrong with my mobo where should I be looking for help? DOA is I guess covered by newegg  international return policy but what about 3 years warranty from Gigabyte?

GIGABYTE USA support is worst, I am in USA. Never buy, find something else local or in Dubai.