Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z170 Gaming 3 with Corsair Vengeance

Z170 Gaming 3 with Corsair Vengeance
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:14:50 pm »
Hello to everyone, i have issues with this. RAM number (CMK16GX4M4A2133C13) is supported as a manual but it's impossible to boot the system if i use all 4 solts.
System run only if i use slot 3 and 4  togheter. no other configuration start. I've tried everything is possible...BIOS update to F6, removed battery and then try each slots and then flash bios and then Memtest (everything  ok) and then i don't know what to do...
I suspect RAM is the real problem but i don't know how a brand like Gigabyte can do a mistake like this. No more able to write a good BIOS? Why write a memory compatibility list?
This is the problem, i need 16GB of RAM... what i have to buy for this MB?
Thanks to all

PS- sorry for bad english:(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:15:40 pm by angryuser »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Z170 Gaming 3 with Corsair Vengeance
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:13:01 pm »
The memory is on the list and the slots are 4-3-2-1 from the CPU out. I would check the CPU socket for bent pins.  If you don't have any pins bent I would say the board is bad. Have try all the memory too in those slot 3 & 4?
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:53:52 am »
Yes, i tried every memory, all works but always in slot 3-4. So, no 4x4Gb configuration available, no dual channel.
No CPU pins bent, i think MB it's not broke, i'm not the only one who had this kind of issues but unfortunately i did't found a definitive solution.
Anyone who have this board can please suggest me a RAM that work fine possibly at 2133mhz?

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 01:32:27 pm »
Hello,

You need to consider trying RAM with higher memory timings.
Similar to this: 2133Mhz 15-15-15-36
Manually changing the timings in the BIOS is worth trying, then insert the other sticks in 3/4.

If you do get a new kit with the same results it is likely CPU related, either not making good contact with the pins or faulty.
My PC is evolving

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:44 am »
I wrote to the eSupport, hope they can help me.
Sure, i've to change RAM but i don't know what i have to buy.
I did't consider higher frequency because i use for intensive audio application and i need rock stability. I had bad experience with rendering audio and VSTi processing with memory freq over the standard. I don't want to risk but somebody can tell me that i'm wrong...
...just don't understand why spend time to release a memory list that they probably never tryed.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 02:42:22 am »
update: Changed ram with g.skill part number f4-2133c15d-16gvr (included in the memory list) but the problem remain. Work only if i use slots 3 and 4 toghether.

Wrote email to the official facebook page, they redirect me to the gigabyte esupport.

Wrote to gigabyte esupport, after 10 days my question status still marked as "new" so no processed.

Wrote again to the facebook page. they asked me ID question, i sad to them 4 days ago...no answer.

...so, guys tell me that i'm stupid but i spent a lot of time and money whit this and no one help me. No one that have this MB suggested me something...nothing from the forum...nothing at all...

...end of update.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 03:41:31 am »
Try to setup a RMA with Gigabyte support. If you have tried two different brands and the same thing it is the board.

http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/customer-service.aspx
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:44:25 am by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 01:40:06 am »
Yes, now i know that the problem is the MB...unfortunately i cannot wait for an RMA, and i'm not from USA.
I have 4 more days to decide if keep the board, think that i'll send back...

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 02:23:13 am »
Update:

Gigabyte published a new memory compatibily list for all those series removing lot of module part number including all the RAM i bought.

Still no answer from esupport...after 12 days

...exemplary behavior...

So take note that we are making a free debugger for them...

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 02:16:21 am »
Hey hello to everybody!

Finally i changed this Mb with an asrock extreme4 and everything work perfect...even the corsair modules that are not included in the memory list.
At the end they answered to me, (after the guy that admin the fb page asked them to help me )that the problem is about another component. Remember that they changed memory list removing a lot of RAM brand during the period... still not responding. These guys are poor in their souls.

Chips are cheap...but a good software require a good work, that they are unable to do. They having a big problem with the quality of their last products, just look at this forum how many people have issues. Impressive. Gigabyte became like asus...a s***! Avoid this series. Buy Msi or even asrock.

..I see that the bios of top series MB (like gaming7) is constantly updated. I imagine because they are in love with the legion of puppy wankers that spend 16h a day with last videogame payed by mom and dad.

...So f*** YOU GIGABYTE, f*** YOU UNTIL THE END OF TIME!! I'n not sorry for my bad english because you are not sorry for you bad products...continue to masturbate with your selling numbers...will end!