Re: Z170Z Gaming 7 Audio Problem
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2017, 05:06:14 pm »
I have the same audio issue. randomally happens
The problem divided into 2 parts
1) when pc startsup no audio at all
     I solve the problem by shutdown+power cut+Restart pc
2) In any kind a session suddenly audio gets very noisy interference
    I solved it as I mentioned above

I believe that it is gigabyte audio chipset (gigabyte proud with this chipset shame of them)
If it is driver problem they do not think to solve and give us the solution

My motherboard is
G1.Sniper.M5
Win7 ultimate 64bit
This problem almost always I had and now too

Here Mr. Saruman said about the OP-AMP for this motherboard.
I think this issue
How can I be sure I have this chip on board and How can I replace it by another one (partNo?)

Pokey

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2017, 01:43:00 am »
B U M P

Windows 7.
NVIDIA GEFORCE 970
BLAH
BLAH
BLAH
...the issue is the Motherboard/soundcard not my other specs.

This is a bummer, I have had my machine running for about 5 months now. Built around this motherboard GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0).

Im extremly dissappointed. My sound crashs frequently. Only fix is a restart, and it happens again. Most frequently it happens when in audio chat. The noise crashs to what sounsd like 8BIT and gets extremly loud. How can so many people have the same issue, and a solution has not been created? why did I leave Asus... I tried new drivers.... problem still happens... Not sure next step.  The other issue, while i have headphones and speakers plugged simultaneously. and boot up. THe speakers will not work. So i end up having to boot without the headphones connected, Then plug them in afterwards to back of pc... very annoying as its in back of computer desk hard to access. Sometimes if I unplug and plug in my audio jacks into the Golden ports in the back that gets the speakrs to work but then the headphones crap out.

All together......something is a miss with this onboard sound card? do i have options for sound cards.. 2 of what look like PCI slots a available? what can i do to get a new sound card instead of working with a PC i have to restart constantly to get good sound
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:49:17 am by Pokey »

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2017, 03:13:15 pm »
Saruman hi,
Is Replacing another amp-op new chip solve the problem ?
Currently I have TI OPA2134 and with mobo I received another chip called by TI 4562NA.
If I replace the TI 4562NA into mobo will solve this xxxxx problem?

Elsie

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2017, 05:45:10 pm »
Yes, I know this is an old topic for an old motherboard but it is one that Gigabyte AND Creative have ignored.

In the end, I've bought myself a Logitech g430 headset and disabled the on-board audio card and uninstalled the Creative drivers. I'me absolutely convinced it is a driver issue as it would randomly crop up in the middle of a session and go straight after a reboot.

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2017, 10:16:28 am »
Yes, I know this is an old topic for an old motherboard but it is one that Gigabyte AND Creative have ignored.

In the end, I've bought myself a Logitech g430 headset and disabled the on-board audio card and uninstalled the Creative drivers. I'me absolutely convinced it is a driver issue as it would randomly crop up in the middle of a session and go straight after a reboot.

I believe as you wrote gigabyte & creative they have serious driver issue but they prefer ignore it.
This is the reason after 4 gigabyte sytems I have now first time I bought ASUS. no more gigabyte for me.

Something is not clear for me . If you disabled the on board audio how is your Logitech g430 headset can receive audio signals?

Elsie

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2017, 12:15:17 am »

I believe as you wrote gigabyte & creative they have serious driver issue but they prefer ignore it.
This is the reason after 4 gigabyte sytems I have now first time I bought ASUS. no more gigabyte for me.

Something is not clear for me . If you disabled the on board audio how is your Logitech g430 headset can receive audio signals?

The G430 Headset comes with a USB dongle that acts as a sound card. The headphones plug into the dongle and after I made sure I was getting sound via the USB dongle/headphones, I uninstalled the Creative software and on (forced reboot), went into the UEFI and disabled the onboard audio. All the sound is now processed via the USB dongle to my headphones.

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2018, 08:23:59 pm »
A lot of people complaint about sound distortion problem of the said motherboard, I have the same problem too. I did all the things you can think of trying to fix it but no way! ... ... Finally, I did a bold thing and I fix it!!!!

I spread contact cleaner at the codec chip heavily for two times (of course, with all power off and detacted), wait untill it all dried. And it got FIXED!!!! I have the confidence to do it before I don't have the problem for years until suddently it comes up. I tried everytings and it is not likely a hardware or software problem.

Anyway, try it at your own risk. Be sure to off power and wait longer for it to dry.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:30:56 pm by Horara FUNN »