Official GIGABYTE Forum

Aivia Osmium keyboard problem

Aivia Osmium keyboard problem
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:36:31 am »
I wonder if someone can help me please, I am having problems with my my Aivia Osmium keyboard, I'll give a bit of background as it may well help to solve my issues. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and everything was working properly but I had a few little issues with Windows 10 coming up with random errors so I decided to do a clean install. This appeared to go ok and I believed all the relevant drivers had been reinstalled correctly. I then realised that although I had sound within Windows I didn't appear to have any sound in any games that I had installed. Most of the games I have installed are through Steam so I thought it might just be a problem with that so to check I installed a game that had no connection to Steam whatsoever and I still had no sound so I contacted the manufacturer who suggested turning off the onboard sound so I tried accessing the BIOS by pressing F2 at the appropriate time when I rebooted my PC and nothing happened so I unplugged the Osmium and attached the keyboard that came with my PC. I was then able to access the BIOS to disable the onboard sound and then with the old keyboard still plugged in I checked the sound within Windows and within games and it all seemed to be back to normal, I then plugged my Osmium back in but only using the USB 2.0 cable (into a USB 2.0 port) and the sound still worked. This was last night and I tried it again this morning and the sound seems to have gone again within games (Windows sound still works) I am now really confused and could really do with some help please. I have opened a support ticket but Gigabyte seem very slow at responding. Thank you.