Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Aivia Gaming Keyboard K8100 Volume/Mute problem

Gigabyte Aivia Gaming Keyboard K8100 Volume/Mute problem
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:13:28 pm »
Hi,

I got a Gigabyte Aivia Gaming Keyboard K8100 for Christmas.

It's a nice keyboard but after about half an hour of turning the computer on the volume drops and then mutes the sound.

The only way I have found to stop this happening is to stop the HID (Human Interface Device) Service from running.

I sent a request to Gigabyte ESupport and they sent me the totally useless:

"For the product design, to prevent the media keys no response when pressing, the product panel is high sensitivity. The temperature, humidity and environment may effect the product panel. Please notice the cables for keyboard do not close to the monitor or put things near the keyboard cables. You can also try to test another USB ports or test with another computer to see if there are same issue occurred."

Apart from the dodgy grammar (which is provides an insight into how good this company is) there is nothing in this reply that helps me. Temperature, humidity and environment are normal and there is nothing else which might be causing the issue.

Does anyone know of a solution to this irritating volume/mute issue?

Re: Gigabyte Aivia Gaming Keyboard K8100 Volume/Mute problem
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:31:05 pm »
Can anyone tell me which wires to cut to disable the sensors and lights on the front of this keyboard?

They are very intrusive and annoying and don't seem to do anything but flash incessantly.