Official GIGABYTE Forum

Bootfailure of Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 with Geoforce GTX 970

Bootfailure of Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 with Geoforce GTX 970
« on: February 23, 2016, 12:04:49 am »
I am new to the forum,
Can anyone help me. I have Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 (Bios Version F11) and inserted the Graphic Card Geoforce GTX970.

When I power on my PC with the new card installed, the default motherboard graphic pops up, and I get a single beep about every 15 seconds until it reverts to a black screen with a blinking cursor a minute or two later. During this time, the boot-up screen is frozen and I can't even access the BIOS menu, as keyboard commands aren't responsive.

I would appreciate help. Any suggestions to get the graphics card running?
Best regards
Jürg

Re: Bootfailure of Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 with Geoforce GTX 970
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:56:50 pm »
I have the same board and just ordered the GV-N98TXTREME-6GD. I researched this first and you are going to have to flash your bios to f16 or possibly f20. I spent 6 hours today flashing from f11 to f16. What a nightmare. I do not like f16, but the card will be delivered tomorrow and I had no choice.

Nightmare is because:
I have Win10 and had to change the NEW bios option of "Windows 8 features" to "Windows 8" and not "Other OS". I thought this might force secure boot, but it wont. Just set the "CMS Support" to "Always".

Other issues, now Win task manager shows turbo speed max at 3.6 when f11 showed 3.8. Tested with HWInfo and Intel Burn Test and my 3930K indeed does hit 3.8.

Win task manager shows available memory at 15.9 (80.07MB hardware reserved). F11 did not do this.

May be F20 or (Beta F21e) would resolve this, but I am not in the mood after spending all day trying to get Win10 to boot after updating to F16. I wish you all the luck in the world. I used EiFlash and not @Bios. @Bios scares me.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 03:08:35 pm »
I am new to the forum,
Can anyone help me. I have Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 (Bios Version F11) and inserted the Graphic Card Geoforce GTX970.

When I power on my PC with the new card installed, the default motherboard graphic pops up, and I get a single beep about every 15 seconds until it reverts to a black screen with a blinking cursor a minute or two later. During this time, the boot-up screen is frozen and I can't even access the BIOS menu, as keyboard commands aren't responsive.

Best regards
Jürg

I have a same problem. You can solved this?

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 01:49:54 am »
I am new to the forum,

Best regards
Jürg

I have a same problem. You can solved this?
Have you tried updating your bios? That is the only thing I can think of. With f16 I can now force enable pcie 3.0 without any stability problems that I had in previous versions.