Official GIGABYTE Forum

SIV Hardware monitor not displaying

SIV Hardware monitor not displaying
« on: March 10, 2016, 09:49:11 pm »
I have a GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 mobo with a clean install of Windows 10 home. When I first installed the app center and SIV the hardware monitor feature of SIV (where it's displayed on the side of the screen) worked fine. However, now when I click on the hardware monitor nothing happens although the icon does display on the taskbar as if it's running.

I've done multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of the app center along with SIV but nothing brings back the hardware monitor.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Re: SIV Hardware monitor not displaying
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 11:52:36 pm »
I'm actually now wondering if this is caused by the new Beta BIOS F4i. I needed to use it to get my memory XMP profile working but it may have been around that time that the hardware monitor broke. I can't recall.

Anyone else seeing this?

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 04:27:50 am »
Ok, I figured out the problem but can't fix it. It's related to having dual monitors. If I use only one monitor it works but if I use two monitors it doesn't appear at all. I suspect it's somewhere "off desktop" that can't be seen. I've done multiple uninstalls including deleting all files and anything else related but nothing seems to fix it. It just seems bugged with dual monitors.

Any suggestions?

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 04:35:15 am »
There was a new BIOS today, but still the problem remains. I don't think it's a BIOS issue and likely an issue with the software itself.

It would be best if it was just in its own window and didn't automatically attach to the side of the screen.

If I run one monitor instead of two it works perfectly.  >:( >:(

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 01:12:37 pm »
Can I as if you were running it with the 2 monitors on another OS. If it was running OK with the other OS it is more likely a windows 10 problem then the program or mother board.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 10:20:54 pm »
Can I as if you were running it with the 2 monitors on another OS. If it was running OK with the other OS it is more likely a windows 10 problem then the program or mother board.

I've only used it on Windows 10 so it may be an issue with how the software interacts with 10. I actually tried disconnecting one of the monitors and running the hardware monitor and then plugging the second monitor in again while it was running and it instantly caused it to disappear...so even that didn't work.

Obviously this is something Gigabyte would need to look at to determine the cause even if Windows 10 is the difference.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 02:15:50 am »

Ok, I booted into my old install of 8 and it still doesn't work with dual monitors...the same problems exist that do with Windows 10.

So the software has an issue with dual monitors.

elc00l

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »
If the window is 'off the screen' and isn't visible try pressing left Alt + Space after opening Hardware monitor, if you see context menu select Move and move the window with keyboard arrows.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:47:12 pm by elc00l »

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 09:53:40 pm »
If the window is 'off the screen' and isn't visible try pressing left Alt + Space after opening Hardware monitor, if you see context menu select Move and move the window with keyboard arrows.

Didn't work unfortunately. The move anchor appears in the upper right corner of my monitor but moving it does nothing, it appears to be invisible essentially although it's there.

If I alt+tab I also just see a blank window in the program list when using dual monitors.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 03:20:06 am »
I have been having the same problem with this software however I would like to add something about the strange nature of the issue.
I am also running on Win 10 with Dual monitors. I have however noticed that if I change my screen "layout" as in changing the second monitor to be my primary, or changing the alignment so that monitor 2 is now on the right of monitor 1 instead of the left. The software appears. Unfortunately for my case, I don't want to do either of these things as the monitors are slightly different and I want them this way around on purpose.

While unlikely, hopefully this will help in determining the problem?

EDIT:
I am running windows 10 PRO 64Bit with a Z170X - Gaming 5
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:21:19 am by afflictionau »

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 03:26:34 am »
I have been having the same problem with this software however I would like to add something about the strange nature of the issue.
I am also running on Win 10 with Dual monitors. I have however noticed that if I change my screen "layout" as in changing the second monitor to be my primary, or changing the alignment so that monitor 2 is now on the right of monitor 1 instead of the left. The software appears. Unfortunately for my case, I don't want to do either of these things as the monitors are slightly different and I want them this way around on purpose.

While unlikely, hopefully this will help in determining the problem?

EDIT:
I am running windows 10 PRO 64Bit with a Z170X - Gaming 5

Yes, I have my second monitor to the left of my main and if I switch it then it appears to work. This behaved the same way for me in Windows 8 so it's not just a Windows 10 issue.

Obviously a weird bug with the software itself, I hope they fix it but I'm not even sure how to let them know about it.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 02:10:36 am »
Bump for visibility...this issue still exists.

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 03:56:05 am »
Are you guys using duplicate or extend?  Do you have the taskbar set to display on both monitors or just the primary?
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:44 pm »
Are you guys using duplicate or extend?  Do you have the taskbar set to display on both monitors or just the primary?

Sorry, I didn't see this response. I'm using extend, taskbar settings don't seem to change anything.

Basically, if my secondary monitor is extended to the right it works. To the left, it doesn't.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 10:55:00 pm »
Just bumping this because unfortunately it has still never been resolved. Does anyone know a more appropriate place to report it to Gigabyte? Or anyone have any fix?