Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55m-UD2 - New ssd installed with Windows 10 - Old hdd's in RAID not visible

Hi I have GA-P55M-UD2 Motherboard - initially installed 2 x 1TB drives in RAID using Win7 64 bit.

Recently added 120GB SSD installed it with Windows 10 as boot drive. Installed working all good. However I cant see old raid drives at all. Cant find windows 10 versions of gigabyte software or drivers.

I want to instal the RAID software on Windows 10 and maybe wipe old HDD's and create a new RAID mirror with them for Data.

Confused how to do this, no Windows 10 software or drivers obvious on website.

Many thanks

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
How do you have the controller set if AHCI it will not work. You have have it set to Raid on everything for it to work. Plus the board is to old to really have drivers for 10. I could be wrong but you can't use the SSD as part as the Raid.

Have you look in disk management to see if the drives are there. If it isn't I would Set the controller to Raid and go in rebuild the Raid on the 2 HHD's and then install windows 10.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

How do you have the controller set if AHCI it will not work. You have have it set to Raid on everything for it to work. Plus the board is to old to really have drivers for 10. I could be wrong but you can't use the SSD as part as the Raid.

Have you look in disk management to see if the drives are there. If it isn't I would Set the controller to Raid and go in rebuild the Raid on the 2 HHD's and then install windows 10.

Thanks very much for your time and feedback I'm very grateful.

My aim is not to include the SSD within the RAID. I want the SSD as the Active c:drive with the OS (Windos 10 installed), and the 2 x 1.5TB drives to be a separate RAID1 mirror for my data as D:drive (for family photo's and such like to be backed up with redundancy in HDD's).

At the moment Windows 10 installed and running on the SSD as C:drive seen in disk management.

The 2 x 1.5TB are still configured as RAID from the original install and show up in pre- OS boot screens as 2 disks listed as RAID.

This RAID is not visible Post boot however in disk management.

I shall go now and look in Bios if controller is set as AHCI. I did previously try to set it to RAID in 2 places but I could never get the Ctrl+I to take me into the intel pre-boot disk configuration mode I read about?

Please let me know what you think.

If I dont want the boot device to be the RAID do I want to set RAID across the board?

Why do you think I cant get ctrl+I?

I should be very grateful for your further comments.

Many thanks for your time once again.
Matt

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
You have to set everything to raid for it to work. You should only have it set for Intel controller not the Marvell controller.

Integrated Peripherals
PCH SATA Control Mode - set to RAID(XHD) - (Intel)

The Onboard SATA/IDE Device if you are not using them disable them if you do want to use them set them to IDE. - (Marvell) Gsata2 - 0 & 1

Make sure you have everything connected to that would be Sata2 - 0,1,2,3, & 4 (Intel)
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.