Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99 Gaming G1 WIFI ERROR E5 Debug with constant beeps.

X99 Gaming G1 WIFI ERROR E5 Debug with constant beeps.
« on: May 08, 2016, 03:05:53 pm »
Hello,

I just bought a 2011-3 build for me, but after setting everything inside the case correctly, it fails the POST, giving me the motherboard an E5 display on the Debug with constant beeping with no pauses whatsoever, then the PC turns itself off, and after a few seconds it turns on by itself and starts doing the same thing over and over.

I used the jumper clear CMOS with a screwdriver, but still it gave me the same problem, then i removed the RAM, same thing, removed my R9 390, same thing, removed the CPU, it turns on with no beeping and then it goes off and turns on again, and it shows 09 instead of E5. I have readed that without the CPU it shouldn't beep that would be normal, so after all this that i tested, i sincerely don't know what is my problem, but i am in either the CPU, MOBO (all the pins looks totally fine though) or PSU that i got a faulty one.

Also, how do i know if the beeps are constant or they should be counted in around 2 seconds of time, or the beeps tend to have pauses if it is an error of some sort? But honestly, when it starts beeping, there are no pauses until the PC turns itself off.

Found myself this video on youtube, and sounds pretty much like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRNWtgybWgo

My build for anyone if is interested:

i7 5820k
X99 Gaming G1 WIFI
Gigabyte r9 390 G1 Gaming
Kingston Hyperx 1 piece 8GB 2400mhz
Corsair H75 cpu cooler
Thermaltake Chaser A31
Crucial 240GB SSD
WD 1TB Blue HDD
Seasonic Snow white 1050w 80+ platinum

Yes, i know some might say 1050w is overkill for this, but i was planning ahead to go up later for a Decent level Quadro card, so that would have pretty much covered later on.

Replies are greatly appreciated beforehand for this amateur  :).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:07:30 pm by ggonz4l »

Re: X99 Gaming G1 WIFI ERROR E5 Debug with constant beeps.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 12:34:30 am »
PROBLEM SOLVED, IT WAS INCOMPATIBLE RAM, BOUGHT 2X8GB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 2400Mhz AND IT WORKED.

ADMIN CAN NOW CLOSE TREAD :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:56:12 am by ggonz4l »