Official GIGABYTE Forum

2 Question concerning Smart Recovery 2

Janset

2 Question concerning Smart Recovery 2
« on: June 06, 2016, 12:32:51 pm »
Hi all.
I am a newbie on this forum so I hope I am doing it the right way. Just as a side note, I had one hell of a time trying to find as to how I can start a new topic. I only stumbled onto this by accident. I believe the instruction says that at the top and bottom of the page there is a link to "start new topic".... Well guys, someone stole my topic starter  :o

Anyway here are my questions.

1. Do I start up Smart Recovery 2 and then have it running in the back ground "All" the time or only when I wish to create a few recovery points?

2. If I do have it running all the time, will that backup folder just keep on getting bigger and bigger bloating the storage folder on the back-up data drive where I have it located?

Also, I hope I get some email advice as to when I get a reply as I can not find any box to tick requesting a notification.

Failing that, I hope I find my way back here again to have a read.

Regards

May the "Farce" be with you.

Re: 2 Question concerning Smart Recovery 2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:15:22 pm »
I haven't seen much of any support for Smart Recovery 2 from Gigabyte.
It stopped working for me right after my first backup. I've been trying to do a backup and it does nothing.
I try to restore from a backup and it finds nothing.
I know the backup is there. 

With that being said, Windows 7 crashed on me and now I have no backup or any course of action to recover my registry or program files even if I completely reinstall Windows.

My opinion via my bad experience and frustration is that you should find a more reliable and trustworthy backup program.