Official GIGABYTE Forum

new M/B and processor graphics card wont shut down or have sound and win 10

Brand new  GA-970A-D3P AM3
.Fx4300amd 3.8ghz processor
Sapphire Nitro R7 360 2 g 8g AMD Radeon
8G kingston Ram
Windows 10

My old gigabyte M/B just got to the stage it was not fast enough the processor died so bit the bullet It was running fine until then everything worked good ,just slow with win 10  {hate it}

Now first it wont shut down goes to the stop then reboots
My audio wont work   when you go into device manger it shows all good and when you go to see the ports ,they all show HDMI jack.   Windows keeps telling me My AMD  audio device is working properly and up to date.

In services, Windows Audio and Windows End Point Builder are both running
When I trouble shoot the speaker icon it tell me one or more of the above services are not running

TFisher

If you have Gigabyte's ON/OFF charge utility installed, uninstall it and that should solve the shut down issue. It doesn't play nice with Win 10. I had this problem as well. Many reports about it on the web.
I'm not sure about the sound issue.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:25:55 pm by TFisher »
Asus Z270 Prime A/i7- 6700k / Corsair H110/Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250gig/3x Seagate 1tb Storage/16 gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800/Asus GTX 1070 8GB OC/Corsair AX 760i PSU/Logitech Z-5500 Sound/Win 10 x64 /Corsair 780T Case/48" Sony monitor/

Last night I did a full file scan through command prompt and everything was good

So still the same, I tried the gigabyte tool, but as with everybody else that is a joke, and would not even start.
 So went to Microsoft and downloaded the win10 and up, Realtek drivers, no difference, I am beginning to think I should have stayed with win 7, 

"Now first it wont shut down goes to the stop then reboots " you could have overlook bottom setting or you set the start bottom on the resett bottom
"My audio wont work  "  right side  coner speaker icon right click and left click playback

problem with MS WX gas is that settings are all over the places

Ok since I last posted I have done a clean install from scratch  and still have the same problems,, My realtex sound is not detected I have still got end point and audio running in services

I have done a clean install with win 7 64 bit  as there seems to be problems with win 10 Also have a duplicate computer with the same M/B processor and operating system   the graphics card is different  that is all
Now win7 wont find my drivers that I downloaded from gigabyte download tool  {Yes you need I.E. to use it} my fault, and it wont let me select the realtek audio controller
when I do it through device manager it says, cannot load drivers for realtek {invalid access to memory location}

This is getting beyond the joke. Most instillation discs I have used you run the disc it loads all the relevant drivers and all the control gear you need
Open  that and adjust the settings as required, yon dont have to jump through hoops to select what drivers you might need and download them on their own
Then you find the download is so slow you nearly give up and after all that nothing works yet  Then to add insult to injury gigabyte tech sends you all these pretty piccys of a great splash screen to control all the sound functions
 Ive got a folder full of downloads under Realtek and no splash screen or sound still; And yes they are all for the right m/b and version, Why did a bother buying gigabyte?

what bios are you using

FD 02/26/2016  8a02bgoa

Just last week I got out an old puter and showed my son win 3.1 and we loaded it for a giggle off the 3 1/2discs
His comment on this disc  At least the old windows loaded and showed the start screen , and that is ancient
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 11:04:14 pm by chris68 »

Solved
 In the end I gave up and contacted my supplier and told them I suspected the board was faulty.  They sent a new one this morning   Installed it  Booted up and waited and then the red x was gone and I had sound, shut down and it stopped. great
A big thank you to the forum for putting up with my frustrations ;D