Official GIGABYTE Forum

New U24T will not turn on

New U24T will not turn on
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:14:39 pm »
Hi,

Just bought a brand new U24T (I7, 8gb, 128gb ssd + 750gb hd, touch screen).
Unpacked it, checked the manual, saw lots of warnings about how to plug it in for the first time, which I followed - Plug the lead into the psu, plug the psu to the laptop, then plug into the wall socket.

Little blue led starts blinking on the battery indicator, everything looking good.

Press the on button - nothing - nada, no fan, no screen coming on, no movement on the other leds.
I leave it for a minute, press it again, still nothing.

Unplug the a/c adaptor, plug it back in, press on button, still nothing.

I hold down the on button for 30 seconds, this makes the blinking stop on the battery led and lights up the power led, but still nothing indicating it is turning on.

I've tried a different power outlet and that's about all I can try really since it doesn't come on and the battery is inbuilt.I have posted a technical query on the Gigabyte website, so, while I am waiting for them I thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas.

So, to recap, this is a new laptop, unused, factory fresh - the seal was not broken on the box and there was no sign of any damage.  Followed the instructions for first use and the laptop will not boot, has the power led on, but only this and does not respond in anyway when pressing the on button - no fans, no video, no other leds lighting up etc.

Thanks for any help!

Chris