Official GIGABYTE Forum

SIV software fan control

SIV software fan control
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:05:24 am »
Please, Gigabyte, add the ability to trigger chassis fans speed from CPU temperature. Currently they are tied to system temp only. Mine doesn't change much idle and under load, it stays around 35-40 °C so the exhaust fans tuned for silence do not provide enough blow when under load and I get CPU overheated. If I adjust them for performance they're too noisy while idle. So the current control scheme where the chassis fans are triggered from system temp is pretty much useless in my situation.

Speedfan software in general has the ability to trigger fan curves from anything but it doesn't recognize the ITE IT8628E chip installed in latest Gigabyte Z170 motherboards like GA-Z170-HD3 I have.
http://www.bugtrack.almico.com/view.php?id=2444

After all it's 2016 and my new PC build cannot be set for optimal balance of noise/cooling. That's silly. So, please either add more flexible controls to the fan section of SIV or provide the Speedfan author technical details so that he could add support to your latest mobos.

Re: SIV software fan control
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 08:31:58 pm »
Please, Gigabyte, add the ability to trigger chassis fans speed from CPU temperature. Currently they are tied to system temp only. Mine doesn't change much idle and under load, it stays around 35-40 °C so the exhaust fans tuned for silence do not provide enough blow when under load and I get CPU overheated. If I adjust them for performance they're too noisy while idle. So the current control scheme where the chassis fans are triggered from system temp is pretty much useless in my situation.

Speedfan software in general has the ability to trigger fan curves from anything but it doesn't recognize the ITE IT8628E chip installed in latest Gigabyte Z170 motherboards like GA-Z170-HD3 I have.
http://www.bugtrack.almico.com/view.php?id=2444

After all it's 2016 and my new PC build cannot be set for optimal balance of noise/cooling. That's silly. So, please either add more flexible controls to the fan section of SIV or provide the Speedfan author technical details so that he could add support to your latest mobos.

I'm having the same bloody problem, my cpu fan is always at 100%. It's crazy that i can't control the speed, I've even set the bios to silent fan speed.

GigaByte Get your act together and update your software, looks like software update development is taking a back seat! I think it's about time you get your act together and sort this mess out asap! I've been a GB fan since the ep35 boards came out. Now Im thinking about moving to a more reliable brand!

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:40:55 pm »
BUMP!

I have the same issue with fan control, both in SIV and BIOS.

I posted a thread in the main mobo forum.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=17443.0

mdd

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 09:24:59 pm »
I'm having the same bloody problem, my cpu fan is always at 100%. It's crazy that i can't control the speed, I've even set the bios to silent fan speed.

GigaByte Get your act together and update your software, looks like software update development is taking a back seat! I think it's about time you get your act together and sort this mess out asap! I've been a GB fan since the ep35 boards came out. Now Im thinking about moving to a more reliable brand!

SIV could be much better, but in the mean time you can control using Argus Monitor. This allows you to read any sensor via the SM bus and control the on board system fan connectors.

I read my graphics card sensor then control a fan blowing onto the Graphics card heat sink. Works a treat. You can read the CPU temperatures and control the case fans if you wish.

Gigabyte have rewired the 4 pin headers, sensibly imo, so that 3 wire fans can be used with ease.