Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X99-Designare Nvme pcie RAID 0?

GA-X99-Designare Nvme pcie RAID 0?
« on: June 25, 2016, 08:42:35 pm »
I havent been able to figure out how to get my GA-X99 Designare to run in RAID 0 for two Samsung 950 m.2's - One is in the motherboard m.2 slot and the other is in a m.2 PCIE adapter card.

I can see both drives when I first boot without RAID enabled but as soon as I enable raid I get this error (I do not have any other drives attached at the moment)

EZ RAID:   Failed to start iRST.  Possibly not enough drives on SATA and/or PCIE.
Error code = 00000003

I have tried turning off CSM support, fast boot is disabled and the security boot has been configured for custom/user with vendor keys active.

Thoughts!!  I would really love to have my boot drive RAID 0.   I know I can boot with another drive, then enable an OS raid but I dont wanna.  :)

Thanks!

Re: GA-X99-Designare Nvme pcie RAID 0?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 02:25:14 am »
I havent been able to figure out how to get my GA-X99 Designare to run in RAID 0 for two Samsung 950 m.2's - One is in the motherboard m.2 slot and the other is in a m.2 PCIE adapter card.

I can see both drives when I first boot without RAID enabled but as soon as I enable raid I get this error (I do not have any other drives attached at the moment)

EZ RAID:   Failed to start iRST.  Possibly not enough drives on SATA and/or PCIE.
Error code = 00000003

I have tried turning off CSM support, fast boot is disabled and the security boot has been configured for custom/user with vendor keys active.

Thoughts!!  I would really love to have my boot drive RAID 0.   I know I can boot with another drive, then enable an OS raid but I dont wanna.  :)

Thanks!
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~5), supporting RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10

IMHO RAID is only possible with this port because its a chipset function. the M2 and PCIe Slot ist not connected to the chipset(X99)
Maybe you can do a software RAID later in Windows, but you never can boot from it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:34:26 am by RolloZ170 »
GA-X99M-Gaming 5, Xeon E5-2630Lv4, Corsair Veng.LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C, 128GB SM951-AHCI