Official GIGABYTE Forum

Weird black screen issue after upgraded to the lastest bios.

Hi,

I've got this really weird problem. Recently, I upgraded my X99M-Gaming5's Bios to version F22.

At first everything worked well. I got a normal display both in BIOS and in the operation system.

However, after the first boot, I encountered a black screen in BIOS. Since the second boot, I can no longer get any displays in bios, while everything seems OK in windows 10.

Hope someone could help me to fix this annoying problem. Thanks.

Re: Weird black screen issue after upgraded to the lastest bios.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 04:46:16 am »
Hi,

I've got this really weird problem. Recently, I upgraded my X99M-Gaming5's Bios to version F22.

At first everything worked well. I got a normal display both in BIOS and in the operation system.

However, after the first boot, I encountered a black screen in BIOS. Since the second boot, I can no longer get any displays in bios, while everything seems OK in windows 10.

Hope someone could help me to fix this annoying problem. Thanks.
Have u tested a different output ?
maybe the bios uses wrong port conf or wrong resolution after windows 10 and
the graphics firmware changed the conf of the card.
I had often problems with gigabyte bios with hdmi tv output,overscan/wrong size.
GA-X99M-Gaming 5, Xeon E5-2630Lv4, Corsair Veng.LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C, 128GB SM951-AHCI

Re: Weird black screen issue after upgraded to the lastest bios.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 01:36:28 pm »
Have u tested a different output ?
maybe the bios uses wrong port conf or wrong resolution after windows 10 and
the graphics firmware changed the conf of the card.
I had often problems with gigabyte bios with hdmi tv output,overscan/wrong size.

Thank you for your reply. Everything works fine after I upgraded my PC with a GTX1070.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:37:44 pm by xaaaaaaaaaaaaaa »