Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-B150M-DS3H - Total n00b, questions about Easytune, fans, general tweeks

Just built my first PC using the above board, intel i5-6500, 8gb DDR4 RAM, one 7200 rpm HD, one SSD, and an external drive I´m using for backups. Cooler Master N200 case with 2 120mm fans. Seasonic S12II-520W power supply. That´s it. No external video cards, cooling system, etc.. I´ve confirmed that the two fans together won´t draw enough power for it to be a problem plugging both into the one SYS FAN connection.

I´m a complete and total n00b, having come from using a MacBook Pro. Bear with me, please.

Tomorrow my wife´s families computer guy will coming over to install Windows 10 and set things up for me. I live in a foreign country and since Windows and computers are Greek to me, I´d have this person set things up for me even if everything were initially in English.

My case has two fans, but the MB has only one SYS FAN connection. I´m aware of PVM splitter cables, but they aren´t available here. The developing country solution is to have a tech make one for me, but before I did that I wanted to confirm a couple of things.

In my research I came across something saying that if you plug a 3 pin into a 4 pin MB header you are unable to control the fan speeds. I´m pretty sure I would be able to do this with software - I believe that would be Easytune 6? Correct?

In addition to finding out where the fan controller would be, any suggestions for ´must do´tweeks that would help things run better? Anything I should keep my eye on, such as operating temperatures? Stuff like that. I´m far from a power user, don´t do any gaming, just photo editing using Lightroom/Photoshop, web surfing, Word/Excel, and play music using iTunes (or perhaps something different now?).

Thanks for any suggestions.