Official GIGABYTE Forum

Important info on GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 1.1)

Important info on GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 1.1)
« on: September 18, 2016, 09:51:44 am »
GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 1.1) current BIOS F14b, in Legacy mode.
After having experience with Gigabyte MBs on AMD platform with my last 4 or 5 builds I liked their manufacturing quality so this MB was "natural" for me. I like overclocking so right now there's FX 6350 on it in 24/7 operation at 4.82GHz.
Now for some questions.
Does BIOS F14e support LLC, I've heard it is omitted in that version. Is there any substantial change comparing to "b" and should I update ? It came with F10 which I updated to than newest "b" version.
What is max temperature for VRM and is there a sensor for it.
After substantial OC, AMD Overdrive stops monitoring real voltages and other programs report some obviously wrong values. Is there a Gigabyte program that can monitor values more accurately ?

Re: Important info on GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 1.1)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:40:56 pm »
Hello,

I can only answer some,

VRM temps depending how you obtain the reading, externally you do not want it to reach 60 Degrees C.
At this stage the internals will be closer to 80 Deg C, the main issue being voltage stability at this high temperature.

For voltage readings if the software works, Hardware monitor is a good one to try,
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:30:10 pm by ElectroStingz »
My PC is evolving

Re: Important info on GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 1.1)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:34:40 am »
Hello,

I can only answer some,

VRM temps depending how you obtain the reading, externally you do not want it to reach 60 Degrees C.
At this stage the internals will be closer to 80 Deg C, the main issue being voltage stability at this high temperature.

For voltage readings if the software works, Hardware monitor is a good one to try,
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Ty for answers. Since than I am force cooling VRM heatsink but still don't know if there is an actual heat sensor on the VRM. Different programs report some temps but can't be sure if it's for that or other sensor.
Really surprised that Gigabyte doesn't have a dedicated program for following temps on all sensors with clear explanation which sensor it is. All other manufacturers have some programs like that. CPUID-HWmonitor has too erratic readings for AMD platform.