Official GIGABYTE Forum

RMA'ing with OCUK/Gigabyte and need advice

RMA'ing with OCUK/Gigabyte and need advice
« on: May 29, 2016, 01:46:08 pm »
Heyro!

I'm RMA'ing my GV-N780GHZ-3GD / 780 GHz GPU and need some prior knowledge on whether it is actually worth RMA'ing. I took my PC down to a computer repair shop and they deemed that it wasn't a software issue and infact a hardware issue, alongside saying that the card was the issue and that it doesn't appear to have been my fault in causing the defect.

Either ways the point of this post is that i'd like to know if anyone here has ever had to RMA in the UK with Gigabyte and/or OCUK and whether or not it's a fast process. OCUK offer a refund within 28 days if the RMA isn't taken through by then, but i'd much rather get my GPU repaired or replaced with something similar to it versus getting a refund ;-;

Is there any chance anyone can also tell me whether Gigabyte tends to replace or repair more in the UK? I've kept it relatively well and maintained it and i'd much rather not get some refurbished 780 that is lower in performance and isn't as well maintained as my currently broken one :*(

Yours, -Callous

esota

Re: RMA'ing with OCUK/Gigabyte and need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 01:00:03 pm »
They usually will repair the faulty graphics card. If the card is not repairable they will probably replace it.