Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte 1070 G1 - No Signal Issue

Gigabyte 1070 G1 - No Signal Issue
« on: August 14, 2016, 03:04:59 pm »
My specs are:
Cpu: intel i5 3570
Mobo: p8z77-vlx2 (latest bios)

Everything was working fine with the basic display driver. When I installed the nvidia driver, my philips dvi monitor 273v5lhsb went black (no signal). My hdmi monitor was not found. I could not get the 1070 to work with only my hdmi monitor. A dvi had to be connected, and maybe the bios splashscreen and windows startup would happen on my hdmi monitor. At logon the dvi was always used(i assume, since both screens went black).   

To get it working i had to change my monitor to a benq 2760h and replace the singlelink dvi cable. The philips monitor did not find any signal with hdmi or the duallink dvi cable. Now i had one functioning dvi monitor after the nvidia driver installation. The hdmi monitor was also found after installation.

My current problem is:

When i turn off my hdmi monitor, my dvi monitor looses signal and goes black. When i turn on my hdmi monitor, my dvi monitor gets the signal back. I can use the dvi monitor without having the hdmi monitor connected. I can not use the hdmi monitor without having the dvi monitor connected. I can disconnect the dvi when windows is loaded, then i can go hdmi monitor only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTVWxE1D9wc

This is so annoying. Is this is a software/firmware issue or do i just have a faulty card? I see that a lot of other people who has the 10 series gpu have the issue with no signal.

Re: Gigabyte 1070 G1 - No Signal Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:45:24 pm »
After installing the driver 372.54, my problem has been fixed.