Official GIGABYTE Forum

reset button freezes computer w/ GA-970-UD3P

reset button freezes computer w/ GA-970-UD3P
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:23:52 pm »
Recently switched out an old motherboard for a GA-970-UD3P.  Everything works great, except I noticed that when I use the reset button on any case (tested with 3 cases) that the system freezes; the screen goes black, keyboard and mouse are unresponsive but the computer is still powered - fans are running, leds are glowing.  Have to switch off and on the PSU to get it running again. 

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? This did not start happening until I switched out to a new motherboard, everything else in my system the same from when I Had the previous motherboard (where the reset button worked just fine).

Tiger

Re: reset button freezes computer w/ GA-970-UD3P
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »
Reusing a previous Windows installation from a different motherboard is not recommended. It may cause things to not work correctly.
1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini

Re: reset button freezes computer w/ GA-970-UD3P
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 07:17:10 pm »
Reusing a previous Windows installation from a different motherboard is not recommended. It may cause things to not work correctly.

In most cases it's fine to just pop in a new motherboard with a prior Windows installation.  It doesn't matter in my case though, as the issue has nothing to do with the OS.  Just to verify though, I went into BIOS and hit the reset button from there, and was met with the same results.  Def hardware related.  Just not sure if its' the motherboard or an incompatibility with something else - trying to verify before I start an RMA! Was hoping someone else may have had this issue to clarify what could be going on!