Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX1060 LED Controls not working w/ XtremeGaming Utility drv

GTX1060 LED Controls not working w/ XtremeGaming Utility drv
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:08:51 am »
Please! Help would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot seem to get my GTX 1060 w/leds to change color.
Initially after I installed it, the 1060 cycled through the colors smoothly, constantly changing.

After trying to change the color to red, with the LED controls given to you in GIGABYTE's Xtreme Gaming Utility driver, it won't stop being neon green! No matter what I do in the utility application, I can't seem to get it to change color. Not even cycle again!

Please help :(
I paid a little too over budget getting this card, and this is just adding to my frustration.

Cheers!

Re: GTX1060 LED Controls not working w/ XtremeGaming Utility drv
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:28:52 pm »
I'm having a similar problem, I have 2 x gtx1070 G1 Gaming and the SLI bridge on a X99-Ultra Gaming Motherboard. The Sli bridge works perfectly but the two graphics cards now won't respond to any inputs in the Xtreme Gaming Utility program. The cards are now stuck on cycling through the RGB colours with a slight time delay between the two (one changing a fraction earlier than the other).

danielmt

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 01:18:32 pm »
Sometimes this happening to me too. After finish a game session, If I reset the PC, the LED stays stuck in one color. Entering the Xtreme Gaming Utility after that, nothing work. The utility simply don't respond to any alteration that I made.

And more...

To me the only option that works is "Manual Setting".
The 3D Active Fan is not working.
I have a Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming with BIOS F2 and I have a random issue sometimes: When the temperature goes below 40º one of the fans still spins. If I reset the system the RGB get stuck in one color. The only solution is to power off the PC and them turn On after a while.
Very strange behavior.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 03:31:18 pm »
.... The only solution is to power off the PC and them turn On after a while.
Very strange behavior.

I ended up turning my pc off then back on, and it is now circulating through the colors, but I can't get it to stay one color still. I was really looking forward to having my rig look the same all over..... as I typed this, it just stopped on RED, the color I wanted.... no clue why though.

Very bizarre.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 03:45:29 pm »

I ended up turning my pc off then back on, and it is now circulating through the colors, but I can't get it to stay one color still. I was really looking forward to having my rig look the same all over..... as I typed this, it just stopped on RED, the color I wanted.... no clue why though.

Very bizarre.

I believe the reason its been working is because of the new nvidia driver update that just released Nov 27th Version: 376.09. After my computer was turned on again is when it started responded to the utility driver. I can even get it to breath, flash and all that jazz. Hope this works for you guys too.

Cheers!