Official GIGABYTE Forum

COMPLICATED - Raid 0 Issues at BIOS Level

COMPLICATED - Raid 0 Issues at BIOS Level
« on: September 04, 2016, 12:02:22 am »
Complicated one people!

I would be forever grateful if someone manages to solve this!

It began when I originally purchased the Gigabyte P35W V5 laptop, I purchased this and planned to put my own M.2 SSDs inside as it has two slots. I planned to configure it as raid 0. So I went ahead and did this, everything went smoothly and I managed to get it configured as raid 0 but then I found other faults with the laptop. I planned on exchanging it but they were out of stock so I got the P35X V6.

The problem I have is I've backed up the OS onto a bootable USB but the BIOS doesn't find my M.2 SSDs at the BIOS level. These are the same M.2 SSDs that worked fine on the other laptop, I never formatted them and kept them setup as a Raid 0 but it doesn't give me the option to change the ACHI to SATA.

So I then installed the OS onto the HDD which I also installed on the laptop as there is a 2.5 Inch slot for it. The OS now boots from the HDD, I updated the BIOS and even tried to use the "Intel Rapid Technology" but could not find it on the laptop even though it tells me it is up to date.

I then attempted to update the BIOS and still no change. So I have two M.2 SSDs configured in Raid 0 installed on this laptop but are not showing up correctly on the laptop. There is no data on the M.2 SSDs, I've tried removing one of the M.2 SSDs and still no change.

The other issue is before the Raid configuration would show on Windows 10 with all the other drives as the two SSDs combined as it should be which is proof that it worked but for some reason I could not install the OS onto it cause of the issue at the BIOS level.

I then got desperate and removed one of the SSDs to try a single one to try and fix the issue now it doesn't show on windows. I've gone to disk management and it is there but it tells me it is not initialised and unallocated, it doesn't give me the chance to create a volume either.

The M.2 SSDs are fine, as they do come up under the advanced tab in the BIOS indicating which ports their installed under in the laptop, I just need to find a way to remove the RAID configuration and put them back to their original state which I can't with the current issue with the BIOS.

Just to be clear it shows them installed but it's not a bootable drive and it doesn't have any SATA option either.

Hope that's clear.

I have got two 1TB M.2 SSDs in Raid 0 which worked perfectly on the last Gigabyte laptop.

I also have a 2TB HDD installed which is now running the OS.

Many Thanks
Rhys

Alfez

Re: COMPLICATED - Raid 0 Issues at BIOS Level
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 11:15:28 am »
Hi, i have a similar problem, if you select is type as uefi, save, reboot and go back into the advanced tab, you should see the Intel rapid storage option, but this might mean that your currant operating system won't boot.