Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Ga-970-gaming wake on lan linux?

Gigabyte Ga-970-gaming wake on lan linux?
« on: December 15, 2016, 06:35:58 pm »
greeting,

A while ago i bought the ga-970-gaming motheroard an i'm currently using it in unraid as a plex/virtual machine manager.

Seeing as the server didn't need to be on 24/7 i decided to set up Wake on Lan (WoL) so that i could remotely wake it from sleep. So after proxying in the computer using ssh i checked the if WoL was enabled with (ethtool eth0). It was not. No problem however since i can just boot in the bios and enable it from there.

There was however nothing to be found in the bios about WoL so thinking this was a bios problem i flashed the bios to the most current one (f1 to f2). No dice since there still isn't any bios option to be found nor is it enabled according to (ethtool eth0). After some googling and checking the manual i tried some of the more common fixes(enable wake on keyboard). Still nothing.

So my question is now does my motherboard even support wake on lan? And if so how do i enable it in linux?

Kind regards,
SagesDeath

reeven

Re: Gigabyte Ga-970-gaming wake on lan linux?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »
wake on lan worked, have you tested with an ios/android app?
i always started my pc with an app.
i have 990 ud3 and ud5. but it is same chipset....

Re: Gigabyte Ga-970-gaming wake on lan linux?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 11:38:52 am »
I don't have access to the machine for the weekend so i will try that when I do. Thanks for the reply.