Official GIGABYTE Forum

"No device found AHCI BIOS not installed" Please Help

"No device found AHCI BIOS not installed" Please Help
« on: December 25, 2016, 01:14:15 pm »
Hello, i want to switch to ahci mode from bios. I made the changes and save and exit from bios but on startup screen there is a message "No device found AHCI BIOS not installed". My mobo is GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 and i'm using marvell sata 6G port.

Here is a SS

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: "No device found AHCI BIOS not installed" Please Help
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 02:22:30 pm »
You have to change in windows first then you go into the bios and change.

1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) click windows start button. Type in the box regedit then click on the regedit.
2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci (click on Msachi) (That open the area you need to change the value)
3) Right Click Start click on Modify then Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide (click on Pciide) (That open the area you need to change the value)
5) Right Click Start click on Modify then Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
6) Then just exit out of Regedit then restart the computer.
7) Then go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.
When Windows starts, it will detect the change, load new disk drivers, and do one more reboot to start up with them.
4 people like this
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 05:04:09 pm »
You have to change in windows first then you go into the bios and change.

1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) click windows start button. Type in the box regedit then click on the regedit.
2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci (click on Msachi) (That open the area you need to change the value)
3) Right Click Start click on Modify then Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide (click on Pciide) (That open the area you need to change the value)
5) Right Click Start click on Modify then Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
6) Then just exit out of Regedit then restart the computer.
7) Then go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.
When Windows starts, it will detect the change, load new disk drivers, and do one more reboot to start up with them.
4 people like this

I've done three times "what exactly you said in your post". But no success. Everytime i get these message "No device found AHCI BIOS not installed". Could it be about AHCI preinstall drivers. (but i installed marvell preinstall drivers)

I've got a brand new SSD to install windows 7 and use it as a system drive but i can only use it in IDE mode I can't convert to AHCI.

dmdilks

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 02:02:36 am »
Because you are using in on the Marvell controller. It will not work. Which it to the Intel controller and try it. You will not really going to see a big boost using the Marvell vs the Intel.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 06:39:19 pm »
In IDE mode there is a big difference at read speeds. On Marvell 400 mbps read on intel 240 mbps read.

Will using intel controller with ahci doess better than Marvell IDE?

dmdilks

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »
Did you get it working and if you didn't, did you try it on the Intel to see if it works. If you get it to work on windows using the Intel. Once the drivers are install and you have rebooted. Then try to switch it back to the Marvell. Other then that I don't what else to tell you other then you might have reinstall windows but this time with the AHCI enabled.