Official GIGABYTE Forum

PC random reboot with X99-SLI

PC random reboot with X99-SLI
« on: December 31, 2016, 11:34:04 am »
I just want to share my experience with a new PC with X99-SLI MOBO that reboot randomly every x hours. I assembled the PC at beginning novembre 2016 and it started rebooting after two week at the customer office.
I saw the post in this forum
"The answer to your X99 reboot problems - not a bios but CPU socket problem"
link  -> http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=16156.0
and I had a look at the CPU pins. There was a very small piece of "something" between the pins, no idea what it was, I just used a straw to remove it and now the PC works, it is 4 days that is on without rebooting.
I don't know if the "remove and replace" the CPU was helping too, maybe the contacs where not so clean.
Anyway, now the problem is solved, I hope it will run for years. In negative case I will post again.

risey

• Phat Monkey
Re: PC random reboot with X99-SLI
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 12:45:40 pm »
Have you tried to update the bios? F21 is the only bios that works for me, anything over that causes my PC to reboot as soon as it loads up...
I believe the culprit to be Corsair LPX Ram, the gigabyte boards does not like it if you have the 8 gig sticks, another user posted the same problem with the same ram, he then changed to Kingston Hyper X and the new bios worked fine.
For me this board was a bad investment, always supported Gigabyte, may return to Asus for the next one...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:26:12 pm by risey »
Windows 10 64bit, Gigabyte X99P-SLI, Intel Core i7 5960X @ 3.00GHz (medium OC), 2 MSI GTX 1080X, ASUS VG278HR, ACER Predator 35inch 144hz, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 - Memory Kit 4x16GB, Corsair H115i AIO Hydro, Corsair 900D.