Official GIGABYTE Forum

Adding secondary fan (for push-pull) on gtx1080 xtreme waterforce

Aenra

Hello everyone,

Just ordered a GTX1080 xtreme gaming waterforce and as per title, was wondering if it's possible to mount a secondary fan on the radiator? (only has one by default). Would like to ideally make it push-pull.
(to spare you the effort, you need not tell me that i "don't have to do this"; i'd like to anyway)

In the off chance this -IS- possible?
1) am i correct in assuming the fan needs to be 120mm?
2) any idea what length the screws need be? Considering i now need cover the length of fan+platform+second fan?

No offense meant but assuming you reply, do please state whether you have actually done this ON this exact model, are a Gigabyte technician, or are just guesstimating.

Thank you for reading and a belated happy new year  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:53:19 pm by Aenra »
Pride, honour and purity.

Aenra

Re: Adding secondary fan (for push-pull) on gtx1080 xtreme waterforce
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 01:07:28 pm »
Assuming a tech reads this, may i add one more question please?

Since the water cooling kit used for this card model is not specified (brand, model, etc), i find me in a bit of difficulty regarding fan specifications.
So without disclosing any of the above, could someone please tell me what is the maximum value for:
- fan Max. Input Power?
- fan Max. Input Current?
- fan Voltage?

If the internet is anything to go by, the cooling kit is an OEM CoolerMaster, except that doesn't really help in determining said values..
The cheapest CoolerMaster water cooling kit (with 120mm fans) is the Seidon 120, specs for which i have found and cover me. Assuming the 1080's kit has similar specs..

Would really appreciate the help, you can even forgo replying to the first post if that helps! :)

Aenra

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:20:11 am »
I thought this was the official Gigabyte forums. :)

Could anyone with an official capacity provide an answer please? Even if it's one of the "cannot disclose that" kind.
My thanks in advance.

Aenra

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:52:15 pm »
Thanks for replying Red Queen,

Am pretty much covered in terms of dimensions, length, internal cable splitter, etc. Had there not been a time limit to post editing, i'd have already changed the OP; apologies. I do thank you very much for taking the time to link those however :)

What i --am-- stuck at is fan specs. That info i cannot find.
So assuming techs occasionally do have a look here, maximum values for fan voltage, amps, etc would really be appreciated.

Alternatively, perhaps a forum mod can direct me elsewhere for instructions?
And thanks for reading. Again, lol

Aenra

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 01:10:08 pm »
Great support Gigabyte!! Well done!

A full week later and not even a reply of acknowledgement, if only to let the fool hope.
Well done. Here's to hoping i don't get to need you guys for anything serious..

(you -think- they exaggerate about Gigabyte's support; but then you get to find out first hand)

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 02:44:47 pm »
You can try the forum of http://www.gigabyte.us maybe it works better at http://forum.gigabyte.us/
or use the Technical Support http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/support-downloads.aspx Submit a new ticket

but maybe this is the same fans on the XTC700 page has a few spec numbers
https://xg.gigabyte.com/product-detail.php?p=76&t=48&t2=&t3=

Aenra

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 09:50:07 pm »
You can try

My thanks again for all the help Red Queen; was wise enough to ask in multiple forums, have found another user that owns the same model.
Looks like i'll never know the maximum fan Ws/As the card's controller can handle, but at least i now know what fan they're using.. it's half an answer, though luckily it was enough for my needs  :)

Once more, thank you for putting the effort.
And a big middle finger to the forum mod(s) for not giving a single damn. Much obliged folks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:52:52 pm by Aenra »