Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Drivers issue and PC freeze

Sandokan

GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Drivers issue and PC freeze
« on: February 24, 2017, 03:30:30 pm »
I wan't to share the cause of a Windows 10 freeze issue on my PC. I have discovered on the Windows Reliability Monitor (or event log) that all Creative Audio drivers versions provided by Gigabyte and Windows Update are broken on my configuration. I found on logs some Creative dll crash and that Windows do not correctly shutdown.
The only way to manage this issue at the moment it is to disable the default Windows Fast Startup  (with this function Windows store the runtime kernel on to the disk to speedup the boot).  In fact it seems that Creative Drivers are not compatibles on my PC with this function.
I also discovered that HDMI audio driver provided by recend AMD drivers are not compatible with these Creative drivers so I'm avoiding to update HDMI audio drivers via Crimson custom setup.
I have opened a ticket to Gigabyte support and 2 new Creative drivers versions was published on the Gigabyte support site in the while but both have different bugs.
Anyway with my work around I didn't experiment any other freeze/crash and the event log it is now ok.
Do you have similar issues? 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:31:16 pm by Sandokan »

Re: GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Drivers issue and PC freeze
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:43:24 am »
I am getting the same problem as well! I ended up just delete create driver and stick with 2.1 :(

The only difference between my setup is yours is that I am using Nvidia HD audio driver