Official GIGABYTE Forum

B85M-DS3H-A (1.0) motherboard won't boot - continuous BIOS beeps

B85M-DS3H-A (1.0) motherboard won't boot - continuous BIOS beeps
« on: February 27, 2017, 01:51:34 pm »
Hi,

I'm having issues with a B85M-DS3H-A (rev 1.0) motherboard on a new PC build. I am using a Pentium G3258 CPU and Corsair 350W power supply.

The problem I am having is that the PC simply won't boot. It can't even make it into BIOS/UEFI screen as it fails POST on start up. What happens is the PC starts up, then it beeps continually then shuts down after about 5-10 seconds. Again, it does nothing.

The beeps are about 25 short beeps in the time frame of 5-10 of the PC trying to initialize. I can't find an appropriate reference on the internet as to what these beeps are trying to indicate.

Even after I have isolated all components down to just PSU, mobo and CPU, the problem still persists.

I bought these components brand new. I have even tried a confirmed working Intel i5 4670k just to test and make sure it wasn't the processor and I still get the same result with the beeping and rebooting.

What could be wrong here? Do I have a faulty motherboard that was DoA?

Thank you in advance.

Re: B85M-DS3H-A (1.0) motherboard won't boot - continuous BIOS beeps
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 04:04:29 am »
After some extensive trouble shooting, it seems as though one of the four RAM chips I was using was causing the computer not to boot.

Strange how even with no ram it still wouldn't post and the buzzer would still beep.

Re: B85M-DS3H-A (1.0) motherboard won't boot - continuous BIOS beeps
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:58:54 pm »
Hello,

Just to answer the question. with 0 ram installed the board will not boot, this is normal.

My PC is evolving