Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X99p-SLI reboot loop, not posting

GA-X99p-SLI reboot loop, not posting
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:47:44 am »
Hello,
New build:
GA-X99p-SLI
4X4 Corsiar vengence  CMK16GX4M4B3000C15  (on supported list)- installed in gray slots
Xeon E5-2690v4 Broadwell CPU

Getting the endless reboot loop, no video, nada.
Does not have the white usb slot for qflash option.

Any ideas?  Experienced builder, am positive pins are not bent- installed very slowly and gently...: )

Thanks for the help!

Aenra

Re: GA-X99p-SLI reboot loop, not posting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:55:28 pm »
You haven't mentioned it, so starting with the easy part..

Have you tried enabling your backup BIOS? Even if it is on the same version (and you should never do that, precisely so as to have a backup).

Also and no offense to the mods here, but this site is /crickets. If it wasn't for the kindness of some members, nothing would ever be answered. If/when you come to to see that, i sincerely suggest techpowerup forums.
They've helped me with two boards already and in one case in particular, it sure took some patience on their behalf. Sounds like i'm advertising i know, but you look at my posts here and you look at the replies, lol; then look at the time elapsed and you'll get my point..  :)

Best of luck to you either way.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:57:23 pm by Aenra »
Pride, honour and purity.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 08:22:40 pm »
Well the bios needed flashing.  Only have 14 days to test this CPU so had to crossship. Board they sent was rather beat up but up and running, kind of.  Unable to get XMP working on the corsair ram even though it's on the compatible list. Also unable to set the voltage manually, so looks like problems..

Aenra

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:04:10 pm »
Friend no offense, but as much as one can form an opinion based on what little you've typed in the last two posts?

You are making decisions without having the necessary knowledge to do so.
Case in point being that you gave back a perfectly fine board (that problem we could have diagnosed and helped you sort in mere minutes) only so as to receive a 'beaten up' one..
Or that with as vague data as possible (and zero numerical values) you expect advice or resolution in regard to overclocking system components..

Best of luck to you and if you see the light, read my first post here again.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:04:42 pm by Aenra »
Pride, honour and purity.