Official GIGABYTE Forum

AORUS GA-Z270X Gaming 7 - which headers for all in one cooler ?

sono

So I am building my system at the moment I have Gigabyte AORUS GA-Z270X Gaming 7 Motherboard and Thermaltake All In One 360 RGB Riing Fan water cooler. 

My question is for best practice which motherboard headers I should use for first install bearing in mind the system hasnt first booted yet to go into bios to set any header settings from their defaults

Cooler has two connnectors to go to your motheboard
connector 1: which is 3 pin for pump
and
connector 2: which is 4 pin with PWM for the 3 fans (Themaltake supplies a fan hub)

Which motherboard headers should I plug connectors 1 and 2 into
e.g
1->CPU_OPT, 2->CPU_FAN
or
1->SYS_FAN5_PUMP, 2->CPU_FAN
or something else.

thank you.

Its years since I built a system and motherboard manual doesnt help with this specific question.

I believe the question would apply to any all in one water cooler.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:55:21 am by sono »

Sandokan

Re: AORUS GA-Z270X Gaming 7 - which headers for all in one cooler ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 10:05:44 am »
and
connector 2: which is 4 pin with PWM for the 3 fans (Themaltake supplies a fan hub)

e.g
1->CPU_OPT, 2->CPU_FAN
or
or something else.

I don not have the GA-Z270 Gaming 7 but the GA-Z170 Gaming 7.

Usually CPU_FAN is PWM and CPU_OPT not.
Radiator fans can be attached to the CPU-FAN to manage speed using PWM signal. The pump can be attached to the CPU_OPT connector and speed, if needed, can be changed by voltage. Pay attention to apply right voltages to the pump to avoid it stops.
Any way you can swap fans and pump. In this case pump will go at maximum speed because PWN signal it is ignored. This is a muche safe option for me.

PureFunJay

• Love to build new rigs!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 09:27:49 pm »

My question is for best practice which motherboard headers I should use for first install bearing in mind the system hasnt first booted yet to go into bios to set any header settings from their defaults

and

In Bios/Smart fan settings, you can control all of them. From auto to PWM or fix. Hope this helps
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:28:50 pm by PureFunJay »
If it runs ok, leave it alone!!

slam69

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 08:30:16 pm »
So I am building my system at the moment I have Gigabyte AORUS GA-Z270X Gaming 7 Motherboard and Thermaltake All In One 360 RGB Riing Fan water cooler. 

and

e.g
1->CPU_OPT, 2->CPU_FAN
or
or something else.

thank you.

Its years since I built a system and motherboard manual doesnt help with this specific question.

I believe the question would apply to any all in one water cooler.

What did you end up using. I know for the fans I could not use CPU_OPT because the Fan LEDs wouldnt light up.
GA-270X-Gaming 7 (Rev 1.0) F5 Bios / Kaby Lake I7-7700K @ 4.6ghz 1.36v/ TridentZ Rgb 3866 16Gb / Plextor PX-512M8PeG / WD Black 3TB / EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 / EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 / Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 Edition AIO / Thermaltake / V31Tempered Glass RGB Edition / Acer Predator X34 curved