Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 - Crashing under GFX Load

Komedy

Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 - Crashing under GFX Load
« on: March 07, 2017, 07:50:29 am »
I had previously believed the issue i'll describe now was limited to World of Warcraft however now turns out to be more widespread.

I have built the following system as a little stop gap using a previous GTX680, everything else is new.

Gigabyte GA-Z270X - Gaming 5
    Corsair 8GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz
    G4560 3.50GHz
    GTX680
    EVGA 650w Gold PSU

After a fresh install of Windows 10 and on attempting to play WoW the PC would after a few mins of loading the game crash. Its a hard crashes that requires a reboot. No recovery.

In order to isolate the problem I have undertaken the following steps and so far none have resolved the issue.

Replaced the GTX680 with an HD7970 (full clean install of Windows at same time)
    Replaced the PSU with a 900w unit
    Updated the BIOS to F4
    Run Memtest with no errors reported
    Ensured I'm running the latest Intel Chipset Drivers
    Ensured I'm using the latest Nvidia Drivers
    Tried installation of Windows to a different Drive

So right now after yet another full install of Windows I have a pretty stripped back installation, all other hard drives out with only one SSD running Windows. No other programs installed other than the following bench marks.

Prime95 - Runs with no problems and during runs the CPU does not exceed 45oC
    Heaven Benchmark - Crashes after a few seconds. GPU temp at time of crash 50oC
    3dMark - Cloudflare - Completes the demo and benchmarks
    3dMark - Skydiver - Completes the demo but crashes a few seconds into the 1st benchmark
    3dMark - Timespy - Crashes

So now I am suspecting that the motherboard is faulty. Before I begin the RMA process can anyone suggest anything to try.