Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) + Corsair Dominator Platinum + HELP PLZ

PureFunJay

• Love to build new rigs!!!
 Hi all, been doing alot of reading and need help plz. Is this a MB problem (Bios) or a DRAM problem?

Windows working well and stable. Know this said got lots of programs that won't work well or at all.
Seems everything that needs direct memory won't work, here a few examples: Corsair Link 4.5.0.55
starts up ok, but takes about 3-5 mins before info shows up. After info displays it doesn't see my DRAM.
Another program that doesn't see DRAM is Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. These both programs used to work
before and saw those missing info's.Hell, I use to change and play with XMP Profiles in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility!
Also Samsung Magician, rapid mode doesn't work even if possible to enable. Again another program using direct
memory. CPUZ, CPUID HWMonitor/HWMonitor Pro don't work (Code 10) . Infact the only one who see's my memory
ok is Windows!! In gigabyte App Center the RGB app, sooooo slow, and needs a reboot to apply. Again in app center
@BIOS app tells me to flash bios, 64 bit not supported !!! What?? I had the same kind of problems with my old
board GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 (rev.1.0). Again Windows works fine and all my other programs and games no problem.
So ur going to tell me it's the DRAM. Have RMA the DRAM kit, and Corsair were cool enough to sent me a new
kit. Have stress test them for about 10 hours, no problem there. Even with the new kit, it has not fix the problem.
Have re seated them and change slots, no improvements. Some will say this kit for X99 chipset. And true but
by bios update, handles 100 and 200 series chipsets. So suppose to work and in Gigabyte confirm DRAM list.
Tryed at stock speeds, not better. In bios i can enable XMP proile 1 and 2 no problems and stable.
As for bios i work with the original F3 Bios, tryed F4l which has  1 Beta Bios and 2 Improve high speed XMP compatibility.
Still no improvements. Even tryed the F4 and no luck. All drivers are up to date, same for windows. No conflict in
device management.

Here's my build

MB: GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)

Memory: Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C15 Memory Kit (CMD32GX4M4A2666C15)
 XMP 2.0 Actif profile

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.20 GHz) Running at 4.20 GHz

GPU: GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Windforce 4G,  GV-N105TWF2-4GD

Storage: 2X, 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 256Gb---} Running RAID 0 ---> Windows 10 Pro installed, Letter C:
             2X, 850 PRO SATA III 2.5inch SSD 512Gb --->Letters D: (programs install and games), Letter F: (Free/Temp Folders)
             2X,WD20EFRX(Red/NAS Drive), 2TB, SATA 6Gb/s, 5400RPM, 64MB --->Letter e: (Data Drive), Letter I: (Windows backup/restore points/drivers backup) 

Optical Drive: LG BlueRay Writer
                     Asus BlueRay Writer

PSU: HXi Series HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply — 1000 Watt 80 Plus® Platinum Certified PSU (EU Plug)

CPU Cooling: Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Windows 10 Pro
If it runs ok, leave it alone!!

PureFunJay

Re: GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) + Corsair Dominator Platinum + HELP PLZ
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 08:46:25 pm »
Screen shots ...

If it runs ok, leave it alone!!

PureFunJay

Re: GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) + Corsair Dominator Platinum + HELP PLZ