Official GIGABYTE Forum

GPU RMA

GPU RMA
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:11:59 pm »
Hello.

I have applied for an RMA using the support page and my RMA request doesn't seem to have been opened just yet.

I was seeing artifacting on my Monitor, System instability such as the Operating system crashing with stop messages ( BSOD ), Nvidia drivers refusing to install, And the GPU not being detected by both the Bios nor the Device Manager within windows.

My operating system ( Windows 10 Professional ) is fully up to date and my drivers are on the latest revision.

In order to confirm these issues weren't caused by other hardware, I removed the GPU and enabled the onboard GPU on my motherboard and reinstalled windows to be certain it wasn't an OS corruption.

I also ran burn in tests with intel software to ensure it wasn't my CPU, And I also ran prime95 on my Ram.

I have since borrowed a Windforce GTX 760 and there have been no issues.

I then uninstalled the GPU drivers and removed the 760 and reinstalled my GTX 780 WindForce and the issues resumed as I had suspected.

This is just a small portion of the RMA request I had sent on the 5th March 2017,  But it is still sitting in the "The ticket is being processed." stage and I would rather it be moved along the chain asap as I do not want the warranty to go on it before it gets looked at and an RMA is arranged.

I'm hoping one of the gigabyte staff here see's this and is able to assist further.

Thank you.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GPU RMA
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 08:21:16 pm »
Where, in the world, are you located?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 08:32:30 pm »
I'm in the UK

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 08:40:46 pm »
I don't actually work for gigabyte but, I will see if I can get someone to look into this for you tomorrow.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 12:49:49 am »
I don't actually work for gigabyte but, I will see if I can get someone to look into this for you tomorrow.

Thanks!

That will be much appreciated :)

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:26:30 pm »
@EvilPraetorian

Please check PM from me, just sent
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)