Official GIGABYTE Forum

Motherboard will not POST

Motherboard will not POST
« on: March 25, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »
Hi, I'm building a gaming PC and I'm having an issue with the motherboard POSTing. Any help would be appreciated.

Parts list:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze EVO Edition
RAM: 2 x 8GB CORSAIR Vengance DDR4
Heatsink: ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa

The  CPU debug light come on one of my mobos so I exchanged the CPU and that's not the issue.

I have tried a total of 3 motherboards now, in this order:
ASUS Prime X370-Pro
MSI B350 Tomahawk
Gigabyte GA-AB350 (current)

None of them posted. The MSI B350 had a debug light that said the issue was with the processor, so I exchanged the Ryzen with Newegg thinking it was the issue. I got the Gigabyte one yesterday, still nothing, debug light still on. That's when I got the Gigabyte mobo and still no dice.

The PSU has been tested with a hazard fraught meter and everything checks out. Since it's literally my third mobo, I doubt that's the issue. Same goes for the CPU. The literal only thing I haven't checked is the RAM and that's because I don't have any other spare DDR4 sticks lying around and I also don't have another computer that takes DDR4, so today I am going to buy some new RAM of a different type since Corsair isn't officially supported by the mobo.

I tried using one stick of RAM in every slot possible, so I guess it's possible the RAM is either incompatible or just bad, so that's my next step to try.
I have also been testing with a tried and true 100% verified working GPU as well.

Any help will be really appreciated. I feel like I've checked everything. I've gone through all of these online guides for when mobos don't POST and done everything. It's my first time working with a build this new, so maybe there's something I'm missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:07:18 pm by mmaffia1992 »

rinkol

Re: Motherboard will not POST
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:14:02 pm »
Hi, I'm building a gaming PC and I'm having an issue with the motherboard POSTing. Any help would be appreciated.

Parts list:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze EVO Edition
RAM: 2 x 8GB CORSAIR Vengance DDR4
Heatsink: ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa

The  CPU debug light come on one of my mobos so I exchanged the CPU and that's not the issue.

I have tried a total of 3 motherboards now, in this order:
ASUS Prime X370-Pro
MSI B350 Tomahawk
Gigabyte GA-AB350 (current)

None of them posted. The MSI B350 had a debug light that said the issue was with the processor, so I exchanged the Ryzen with Newegg thinking it was the issue. I got the Gigabyte one yesterday, still nothing, debug light still on. That's when I got the Gigabyte mobo and still no dice.

The PSU has been tested with a hazard fraught meter and everything checks out. Since it's literally my third mobo, I doubt that's the issue. Same goes for the CPU. The literal only thing I haven't checked is the RAM and that's because I don't have any other spare DDR4 sticks lying around and I also don't have another computer that takes DDR4, so today I am going to buy some new RAM of a different type since Corsair isn't officially supported by the mobo.

I tried using one stick of RAM in every slot possible, so I guess it's possible the RAM is either incompatible or just bad, so that's my next step to try.
I have also been testing with a tried and true 100% verified working GPU as well.

Any help will be really appreciated. I feel like I've checked everything. I've gone through all of these online guides for when mobos don't POST and done everything. It's my first time working with a build this new, so maybe there's something I'm missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

RAM is definitely a possibility.

Are you absolutely sure that all of the power connections are good (CPU 12V, Motherboard 24 pin, video card 6 pin, CPU fan header)? I would try measuring the 12 volt output in the system - cheap power supply testers do not simulate a load.

Has the video card been tried in a different system?

Hope this helps.

Robert