Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can't access bios?

Can't access bios?
« on: May 20, 2010, 10:51:34 pm »
I've got a GA-MA78LM-SAH motherboard with an odd problem, i cant access the bios on boot up, well i could before i flashed bios to new f10, i did this as i was geting false temp readings, the new bios sorted this out but now i cant get into bios, only noticed since i purchased a pci express gpu card and i need to set up from onboard, im using a usb keyboard & mouse, i cant understand why its suddenly stopped and can only asume its down to the bios upgrade, everything works ok once drivers have loaded, even when i use a boot disk the keyboard works but not until the drivers have loaded, is there another way into bios other than keyboard, i have tried removing all drives and cmos battery for 10 mins then booting which it detects the change and auto fixes with same result not allowing my usb keyboard to work, all i want to do is set pci express in settings, any help be appreiated, thanks in advance

Andy

bofh1971

Re: Can't access bios?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:58:54 pm »
does your board have a ps/2 port and can you lay your hands on such a keyboard, or even a different usb keyboard
I had a usb one refuse to work with a system at all until windows 7 got online and downloaded a driver, (it had backlighting so that might have something to do with it)

anyway good luck
Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 (forum prize)
Phenom IIx4 965BE, 8GB Corsair 1333 Ram
2x750gb HDD's Raid0, Palit Geforce GTX570
Windows 7 Ultimate, Acer 24" P256H Monitor, Razer Salmosa Mouse,
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keybaord

Re: Can't access bios?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:03:58 pm »
Hi, thanks for rapid reply, it does have the 1 ps2 port marked keyboard/mouse, unfortunatly i dont have that type keyboard, but im sure i could buy 1 to try it out if you think its worth a shot? its a brand new usb keyboard with mouse port ( usb ) on it and it did work when i built the system last month, just seem to stop after the f10 flash, well thanks for advice and ill let you know if it works, im hoping its sumet simple like usb keyboard disabled in bios?

thanks Andy