Official GIGABYTE Forum

What should I do before posting a new question?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
What should I do before posting a new question?
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:31:40 pm »
I have searched on the forum but can't find a solution to my problem. What should I do before posting a new question?

Before posting a new thread it is always a good idea to make sure that everything in your system has been re-set to its basic settings. You can do this by entering bios and loading optimized defaults. This makes sure that any overclocking or other changes, you may have made, are back to a standard base line.

If the fault is still there then please post as much information as possible. Make sure to include Motherboard (model, revision* number, BIOS version), Graphic card (model at least if the problem is with VGA), CPU (Brand and specs.), Memory that you are using, Hard-disk(s) and if you are trying to setup a raid array or are using AHCI or IDE Mode, Operating system (If 32 or 64 bit) PSU (Power Supply Unit), etc., and if possible, what you were doing when the problem started.

Please remember to keep subjects of topics clean and precise, including model name and short description of the problem for instance:
"GA-MA78LMT-US2H: HDD not detected"
"H55M-UD2H: LAN can't connect"
"M68M-S2P: no boot"

rather than these:
"urgent problem!!!"
"please help with my X58"
"my mobo does not work"

which are NOT explicit!

* You can find your motherboard revision number printed on the motherboard it is usually in the bottom left-hand corner.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:42:55 am by runn3R »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: What should I do before posting a new question?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 07:12:41 am »
Hi absic,  ;)

I strongly support your topic.

Gloup_Gloup