Official GIGABYTE Forum

i-RAM and intel dx38bt mb

keeto

i-RAM and intel dx38bt mb
« on: May 12, 2009, 03:44:10 pm »
Hello.
My first visit here.
I have an intel dx38bt motherboard with an Q9300 cpu.
I am using the GB i-RAM with 3gigs of DDR400.
No OCing.
Trying to get into the OS[XP] can't be done without putting in the OS install cd. One DOES NOT ''press any key to boot from cd'' and the OS will boot up as normal but the install CD has to be left in the tray and accessed every time I boot the system.

Ideas about a fix for this in any form or fashion would be appreciated.
Cheers
Chris

Beekeeper

Re: i-RAM and intel dx38bt mb
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:57:00 am »
i've played once with i-ram on some gigabyte mobo without any issues. do you have any HDD attached to the mb or it's alone i-ram and cd/dvd drive ?
maybe you need to change some of boot options inside bios.

tried to contact intel guys ?

p.s. intel mobos are not good at overclocking, forget it ;D
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

keeto

Re: i-RAM and intel dx38bt mb
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08:17:04 pm »
ok beehive, thnx.
I tried all manner of things with the BIOS-..ie. boot order, etc.
One hdd is attached. If this is NOT, then the install cd will attempt to install XP without asking for 'press any ...etc.''--- so it has to be plugged in all the time. That's not a bother really as this hdd is used for storage anyway.
It seems there's some ODD or HDD driver issue or ''directional'' deployment problem, as in, which is the boot device[C:] or similar. Prolly quite easy to fix this problem, but Intel are not helping in any way...they told me to go to GB...so where are ya? :)
This mb[Intel] is a bit of a sticky one[a bitch basically] with the BIOS setts[enumerable ocassions of all sorts of trouble], but there ain't no fixin' this difficulty from in there. It's supposed to be a good OCer and is just for the idio's who try and do that.
I did get some troubleshooting done with intel, but nothing was resolved. They have ''closed the book'' on this board as of 1 or 2 years ago. They offer no assistance with add-on cards that are out of their supported ''range''.
I'ld venture to say they thought this add-on wouldn't fly[it was the only one of it's kind at the time and I think since], so they just didn't bother.
PITA really. When the system gets past the boot page and then from the XP screen- to desktop-about 6 secs], it's very quick indeed. So for now, it's worth the inconvenience but, it's a pity.
Cheers buddy,
keeto